GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dmsyr

1. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Hello friends, I was curious if someone can take a look at this datalog and lemme know if everything looks ok? I have been splashing in around 2-2.5 gallons of e85 consistently for some time. This is after a fillup with straight 91 and currently at half a tank of fuel. I purchased the EQT e30...
  2. D

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Correct I did not have an Ethanol sensor so it may not have been a proper e30 blend.. I just put 3-4 gallons of e85 and topped off with 91. Ran the car like that for months with zero issues. I didn't really use map5 though. Tried it a few times. Map6 was my kill map and I usually drove around...
  3. D

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Don't have too much fun, a little Ethanol really wakes these cars up! I made 325/363 full bolt on with my e30 map6
  4. D

Best headlight upgrade option?

Are you dead set on replacing the units completely? As a cheaper alternative I've seen good results with some deautoLED bulb replacements for around $130. Lifetime warranty too.
  5. D

Cobb or apr

Anything is better than the shit factory calibration. Lol. Wanna hit 6th gear by 30mph? You got it! Completely unusable 1st gear? Check!
  6. D

is38 1.8t JB4

Wow that's great! I only had my JB4 for a few months before warranty ran out and got a basemap but but I loved it. It seems as though my custom map6 on my JB4 pulled harder than my stage 2 basemap. Lol. It's so much more than just a piggyback. I recommend that shit to everyone. Kudos to you sir.
  7. D

SCAMMER WARNING!

This. When I was a moderator on the 9thgen Corolla forums back in the day one of the requirements to sell anything on the site was this. Had to be HAND WRITTEN and also needed the date written as well. Then moderators like myself had to review the ads prior them going live for the rest of the...
  8. D

OBDeleven next gen coding list

I tweaked ESC OFF (completely..?) with one press instead of holding the button, yes. Supposedly, this deactivates factory traction control 100 percent. However I cannot confirm if the car does burnouts now or not.
  9. D

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

I read that they are charging $2000 for membership. Lol.
  10. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Put on the badgeskins overlays on the front and rear "GTI" badges I bought from @parabolicmagnetism Haven't done the fender fins or the steering wheel badges yet.
  11. D

Cobb or apr

I've been stage 2 EQT (via Cobb) for roughly 700 miles and I couldn't be more satisfied. Absolutely love it. EQT DSG tune up next (via Cobb)
  12. D

EQT and Stratified stage 1

The factory traction control is way too invasive. The Cobb traction control is less invasive and can be adjusted.
  13. D

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

This thread is entertaining and informative. I input random numbers of pages to look at and one was the mayo for grilled cheese. Absolutely tried that shit out. Amazing! Carry on.
  14. D

Cat Back vs Upgraded DP w/stock

I ran catless and (currently) catted downpipe to stock exhaust and I can safely say I got the sound I "wanted" without the addition of a catback. TBH, in my opinion, these cars sound like shit lol and no exhaust setup will make it sound stellar :/ If it's indeed just a little more sound you...
  15. D

Consumer Reports Used Cars to Avoid

Wow. This is interesting. I asked multiple times for the exact failures while my car was getting the warranty work done and the answer I got simply was "rod knock." I got the runaround trying to find answers, like they were intentionally keeping information from me or something. The invoice for...