GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dishwab

1. D

WTB: 18" Durban Wheels

The search is over! Found a nice clean set in Chicago this week for $400 and a buddy who lives out that way was kind enough to go pick them up for me this morning. Exactly what I was looking for - a full set without tires. Thanks to the folks in here that tried to help!
  2. D

Yeah those are, thanks for the heads up. Talked to the guy but UPS wanted $118 per wheel to ship from TX to MI... looks like its local only for me
  3. D

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

Honestly I've been checking pretty much daily. I've seen a few pop up but nothing within a 4-5 hour drive
  4. D

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

Anybody in Metro Detroit (or really anywhere in Michigan) selling a set of Durban wheels? Been looking for a clean set for ages now. LMK!
  5. D

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Probably a long shot, but does anybody in the Chicago area have a set of Durban wheels for sale by any chance? I'll be coming through from Detroit next weekend if anyone is looking to sell a set locally.
  6. D

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

For future reference... I have a 2019 Alltrack S and just had the programming dongle this week. I tried out a few different ones - 57, 60, 97, 98. I landed on 97 as my final choice, and EQd the bass down by 1-2 clicks. That seemed to be a sweet spot for my tastes. The sound isn't perfect but...
  7. D

Anybody in Iowa up for a favor?

I found a set of wheels I'd like to purchase on FB marketplace, but the seller doesn't want to ship (I'm in Michigan). Would anyone in the Iowa City area be willing to do a cash transaction with the buyer and ship them to me? I would obviously pay for whatever the shipping and packaging costs...
  8. D

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

Thanks for the reply. I tried to elevate the line as quickly as possible and it didn't look like there was much old fluid in the catch can when I was putting it all back together. I went for another test drive last night and I think it feels fine. The clutch pedal bounces back quickly and...
  9. D

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

Question for others who have done this: how much air came through when you were bleeding it afterward? I just installed a Euro short-shifter and did the CDV delete at the same time (2019 Alltrack). I followed the tutorials online to a T, got everything buttoned up, and bled the system with my...
  10. D

Yeah seems they're not all that common on the market. I've seen a few sets pop up in the 500-800 range, but I either missed them by a day or the seller wanted to do local only. It's alright, I plan to keep this car for a while so no rush.
  11. D

Appreciate the tip, that's not a bad shout. I plan to run the same spacers I have on my stock Alltrack wheels, 12.5mm front, 20mm rear, which should get the Durbans looking nice (assuming I can find a set). I'll look into the Chattanoogas as well though just in case.
  12. D

Monthly bump.. still looking for a set of Durbans...
  13. D

Bump... still on the hunt for these. Anyone with a fresh set of Durbans for sale?
  14. D

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

If anyone is looking for the extended bolt that allows you to keep both the spare tire and the helix sub, PM me, I have an extra one available. May or may not have been stoned when I ordered it, forgot, and ordered it again the next day...
  15. D

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

Yeah it had to be typed exactly as "Volkswagen of Marietta" – I tried VW, Murietta, etc. but it has to be that exact combination it seems like. Either way I got my approval email as well so all good here... just have to find time to install it now.