GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DiNaMo

1. D

Manual Golf R - Top Row Gears are Popping out

Personally never. I assume the shop would have when installing the aftermarket clutch?
  2. D

Manual Golf R - Top Row Gears are Popping out

I have a stage 3 Southbend Daily clutch and it's been ok for 4 months or so but just recently Im having issues where the top row of gears (R,1,3) are popping out and making a horrible grinding noise. I assume I just have to do a shifter alignment or is it possible it's something worse? How bad...
  3. D

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Attached is a Map 3 run on a manual stage 2 Golf R running PetroCanada 94. Is there any running room if I made a map 6? https://datazap.me/u/dinamo/2021?log=0&data=1-4
  4. D

Question about intercooler install on DAP equipped Rs

Hmm what functions does it all provide again? Is it possible to install the MK7.5 VW logo sensor on MK7
  5. D

Question about intercooler install on DAP equipped Rs

I really wish someone could build a front mount that could somehow curl around and leave space in the middle for the ACC box.
  6. D

034 Dogbone Inserts - Cabin Vibration + Resonance

Does it matter whether the suspension is loaded or not? I can easily lift the car level on 4 ramps but it would be a decent amount more work to have the wheels free.
  7. D

A bit on take off but a reasonable amount. Basically there's vibration and cabin resonance when the engine is lugged aka low rpm. Problem is 'low rpm' isn't that low for the higher gears. For example in some cases I just want to accelerate in 4th gear at like 2500 rpm without having to shift...
  8. D

At about 200 km on it for now, definately hoping it settles in a bit more. For now it seems crucial to keep the car in its usable powerband (ie turbo) to prevent the resonance. Problem is this is sometimes overkill for daily driving. 1st and 2nd gear are generally ok except when taking off...
  9. D

Recently installed the upper and lower metal dogbone Inserts in my R and was quite surprised, especially at the resonance it added to the cabin when stepping on it. It's like the engine noise is physically transfered through the frame of the car to the point where it's a net negative for me...
  10. D

First time clay bar - left marks

Thought I would try clay barring for the first time on my 2016 and a little worried at the marks it left behind. I think I messed up by using too much force and going in a more oval pattern rather than back and forth. I was dillegent in kneading the clay constantly to get a fresh surface but it...
  11. D

OEM 19" Silver Pretorias

Sold
  12. D

Shift Knobs

FML. How do I keep running into these stupid issues. I have the knob screwed off with elastics for grip around the neck of the shifter. On the other side I have a screw driver inserted in the shaft and locked in by the 3 hex pins. I'm still not able to generate enough torque to take the 2 apart...
  13. D

Shift Knobs

Excuse the crappy pics but attached is my Sport Shifter knob as low as it can go. I think I'll raise it roughly an inch but you can see there really is a lot of excess boot material. I was in the process of taking the knob off to see what could be done with potentially trimming the top of the...
  14. D

Snapped Short Shifter Bolt

Fuck me if this short shifter install won't be the end of my mechanic career... Spent a good 2 hours trying to get the original shifter off the spline. Wiggled back and forth every which way, used WD40 which I see seeping down the spline, hit a pin and hammer probably a hundred times with a...