GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dietcokefiend

1. dietcokefiend

Nasty wheel tire mounting rash

What has been everyone's go-to tire chain for the least amount of problems for mounting tires? One of our local tire discounters was a pretty nice place until they butchered the inside lip of an 18" wheel with the tire mounting machine and then blamed it on road rash.
  2. dietcokefiend

OEM 6.5" Discover Media Non-Nav Display 3G0919605H with GTI Trim

Does this have the SD card slot on the front?
  3. dietcokefiend

DSG Clutch Leaking, VW can't find tool and says it isn't made anymore

Lemon law is first year for Ohio or a certain mileage. That ship sailed for a 2019.
  4. dietcokefiend

Sorry to leave you guys hanging in this, it's been an absolute cluster. Might get the car back tomorrow. I think all in about 7 weeks and we don't know if this repair is going to not explode or not. VWoA said that instead of replacing the transmission or the clutch assembly, for the leak they...
  5. dietcokefiend

VWoA was contacted who didn't provide help at least during the initial talk. They will be calling back Monday to tell more info.
  6. dietcokefiend

Well only so much you can really do. Trying to sort out exactly what is going since the part of a tool for a transmission that came into existence in 2018 doesn't have a tool available to replace a part? Like something doesn't pass the sniff test here. Sadly lemon law doesn't hit this one just...
  7. dietcokefiend

Going through an interesting saga right now with a 2019 GTI (DSG) that has a leak. Dealer has had the car almost a month tracking down the source of a fluid leak. It started with taking the car in for a leak, which was sourced to the transmission. First up they guessed it was the VAQ and...
  8. dietcokefiend

The definitive dashcam thread

I've been a huge fan of the VAVA cameras. Four in service right now, all been pretty reliable in summer and winter. More into the 5 minute install category.
  9. dietcokefiend

New CPO GTI... safelite cut my frame..

This is an interesting post since maybe a year ago Safelite did this to another GTI on Reddit. General consensus was this is NOT a straight forward fix since it involves structural steel that is part of the firewall and A pillars. Not a component for welding and some other items. I think the...
  10. dietcokefiend

Flat Rate Secret Santa 2020

The kids will love it in the backseat, spinning on the back vent. I'll give the charger a shot and see how it works on my USB analyzer.
  11. dietcokefiend

Big thanks to @ThatMK7GTIguy!
  12. dietcokefiend

PM sent, how do I send a package of stalling to someone. :LOL:
  13. dietcokefiend

Any guesses on the damage amount to this 2019 GTI S?

Yea my main comment towards frame vs other was more just "bolt on pieces" vs part of the unibody. The rear has a few bend in parts welded to the main chassis. The front looks limited to the front clip bolt on stuff only (didn't get a great look at the attachment tabs, but those may be ever so...
  14. dietcokefiend

Any guesses on the damage amount to this 2019 GTI S?

This is a buddies car, not mine, but since I had mine in the driveway we were comparing obvious bent stuff and gaps. I believe it's going to the shop for an estimate tomorrow. It's one we e both ended up using in the past. They are one of the few Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, MB and BMW certified...