GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dequardo

1. dequardo

FS: Complete 19-21 GLI Catback OEM exhaust

Complete and like new 19-21 GLI exhaust. Hanging in the garage just wasting away. Obviously needs to be a local pickup. Thanks.
  2. dequardo

Arrivedverci

No. Not the true meaning of the title.
  3. dequardo

Arrivedverci

Thinking pictures will not be received well here generally. PM for those. One ‘difference‘ to note is that OEM tires on both need to be changed out by most people immediately. The GLI because the OEM Kinergy’s are among the worst A/S tires ever made. The N’s because the the OEM Michelin Pilot...
  4. dequardo

Arrivedverci

Too soon to tell. Only drove it back from the dealership today. Has everything the GLI did except ACC. It does have lane keep assist. I coded that in on the GLI but can tell the OEM version already is better. Handling seems superb and better than the VW. I’m babying it during the break in...
  5. dequardo

Arrivedverci

I’m 68. No dig but I would wave to you.
  6. dequardo

Arrivedverci

Long time member from 2015 GTI through 2021 GLI. Learned a lot here and hopefully paid it forward over the years. Today I picked up an Elantra N. Lifes too short to drive boring cars. Maybe see you down the road.
  7. dequardo

2018 GTI headlights LEDs unit.

PPF as suggested on either the existing ones you can, hopefully, polish/coat or on a replacement. Good luck.
  8. dequardo

Brightest Halogen bulbs?

LEDs in reflector housings are a recipe for disaster. Not to mention illegal. Stick to the brightest halogens from Philips or Sylvania and just resign yourself to replacing them yearly.
  9. dequardo

Nasty wheel tire mounting rash

It will differ of course even among stores in the same brand. I love Tires Plus where I live and one of their locations is the only place I go.
  10. dequardo

Turning Front Assist "off" makes warning light pop up

Front plate in proper location shouldn’t mess with sensor function. Might need the dealer to sort it out. It’s under warranty unless you are over 72k.
  11. dequardo

Infotainment issues - freeze, boot loop, black screen

Likely will be a head unit swap needed. Good luck.
  12. dequardo

Bought a High Mileage GTI

Timing chain should not be a concern. I also vote for 5000mi OCIs.
  13. dequardo

Passenger side mirror shattered?

Just order the correct version. It will plug in to wires assuming they weren’t damaged