GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by davide.bonetti

1. D

Garage Door Opener Mod

the buttons are a resistor ladder and that will need to be bypassed/removed. if you can use a multimeter to check continuity, it's easy to follow the tracks on the PCB and change the buttons to dry contacts. the LEDs are for button illumination and I left them on Terminal 58. there wouldn't be...
  2. D

DIY Front Camera upgrade for RVC-HIGH

@mr-fix still following. wouldn't it be just easier to get an emblem with the AreaView camera? or the image from the OEM front camera is not as wide as you like?
  3. D

I (unfortunately) need to open a headlight...

long story short, some time ago I bought HID headlights to retrofit but never completed the project. I noticed that something is wrong inside the left headlight but I cannot complain with the seller anymore. I actually tried and they didn't even bother to answer. so how feasible is it to open a...
  4. D

3Q0 ABS Pump retrofit

just for the sake of information, my 5Q0 stock ABS module never complained for any of my retrofits, and I did them all. Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb Part No SW: 5Q0 614 517 CC HW: 5Q0 614 517 AG
  5. D

Areaview Retrofit Progress

Ciao Carlo, I am also italian, where are you from? feel free to contact me privately, I can parameterize your module.
  6. D

Retrofitting MK7.5 Golf KESSY to MK7 Golf

@bilaal89 I cannot help for KESSY retrofit.
  7. D

there was a thread on the Ross Tech forum, it looked promising but I think it ended in a soap bubble. so if the guy made it he's probably not willing to share the info. why would you want KESSY anyway? much easier to steal a car with KESSY than one without.
  8. D

very few people attempted a KESSY retrofit, and to my knowledge even less succeded. I have never investigated a lot because I couldn't care less about KESSY, but apparently even if you take all parts from the same car (VIN matches) then it's still a pain. there is something related to immo that...
  9. D

for lowline camera the badge flips only when the gear is in R, correct. it indeed uses the reverse bulb wire. for highline camera the R signal is sniffed over CanBus, this allows the video feed also when pressing the park button. not sure which module actually triggers the flipping badge.
  10. D

MK7 ACC radar adjustment without calibration board

I never tried but I want to share this. When I retrofitted ACC, I made sure to get a radar from a wrecked Golf. well, I installed it, and it just worked. no calibration needed, it never ever threw any error. I guess I was lucky and it's installed in a position so close to that on the original...
  11. D

damn I am so excited about this that I straight ordered the camera and the controller. hope you don't change your mind on parts :D
  12. D

VAS5054 Rental

I am missing something, like what happened at first? you rented your dongle to somebody who disappeared?
  13. D

YES! finally ;) I really want a front camera and was considering the AreaView retrofit, but besides the cost it gets complicated on Golf because it does not exist from factory. I'll be monitoring your progress. first thing that comes to mind is that the front camera should be the same feed as...
  14. D

Areaview Retrofit Progress

thanks for the promising news guys, I contacted the seller for L3031 and R3031, so far he only said "ok" :)
  15. D

Non-Fender Tweeter Upgrade DIY

lol rear speakers, and I mean ALL rear speakers, is the first thing I disconnected after buying the car. anyways, yes you can tap into rear woofers to feed the tweeters and again yes, you'll need a capacitor in series to roll off some low end or you'll fry them.