GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by davegsm82

1. davegsm82

Climatronic to base model

As far as I know there shouldn't be any change of config needed, but you may need to run the heater flap calibration routine by holding 2 of the buttons on the heater panel (can't remember which 2 at the minute), or run the procedure from VCDS/OBD11.
  2. davegsm82

ACC radar removal

Hi Alvi, I've dropped you an email as requested. All the best, Dave.
  3. davegsm82

Rain/light recognition sensor "wrong mounting position"- not working/cracked? 5Q0955559

For the moment, normal operation seems to have been resumed, other than occasionally doing too many wipes in light rain. No idea what I've done other than remove and refit the sensor.
  4. davegsm82

Rain/light recognition sensor "wrong mounting position"- not working/cracked? 5Q0955559

I just went and double checked this to satisfy my own curiosity, the glass is absolutely fine. When I removed the sensor I had to gently peel it away and as it popped loose the gel was balooned up, but deflated within a couple of seconds. After it had gone down you could clearly see a crease...
  5. davegsm82

The glass isn't damaged, at least the outer layer of the laminate isn't, you can't feel it and it looks way under the glass. As far as I can tell it's like the gel pad has cracked in half, just like gel shouldn't...
  6. davegsm82

For a few weeks I've noticed my wipers active really weird, either running full speed in drizzle, not reacting at all to rain or just defaulting to intermittent operation based on the switch position on the stalk. Logging in I got the fault description in the title, fault code 934149. The...
  7. davegsm82

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

@Belthasar - I plugged in tonight trying to trace a fault with my auto-wipers, sure enough, mine won't go past 32% unless you're running the flap calibration. However, I noticed when clicking through the ID's that 0% is actually full fresh air (at least, according to one of the ID's), 32% is...
  8. davegsm82

Hi Belthasar, I'm pretty sure it's working fine... but... I haven't looked at it since I did the conversion. If I get some time I'll plug in and read, and check the flap percentage, and get back to you. I haven't got time to turn around at the minute though, with work and what have you. I...
  9. davegsm82

Hi Belthasar, I'll see if I can dig out my cable and do a read on it. Regards, Dave. EDIT: I just looked through my Logs folder and found one with a scan of the HVAC unit, the coding string is as follows; 00120104200100011000004001101002
  10. davegsm82

Correct Parts for MIB2 Upgrade?

In all fairness, the stuff on Aliexpress is just the same stuff you get on eBay but without the UK markup. Ali is just a marketplace like everything else, and in recent years it's become a lot less dodgy, but I guess you still have to be careful. There is a mechanism to contact the sellers on...
  11. davegsm82

I've not read up on the Congo/Duke/Mid toolbox, I simply used the one in the DIY Thread; https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/diy-mib1-to-mib2-infotainment-conversion-part-1.343701/page-113#post-8017675 I used a copy of VCDS to enable dev mode, and the rest was history as they say...
  12. davegsm82

I still have to kick myself every time I get into the car... The bigger screen is nice, but the main thing is that it doesn't have multicoloured dead pixels all along the lower and right hand sides like my MIB1 unit did. Sorry I can't weigh in much on the correct parts for the conversion...
  13. davegsm82

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Is that a Delphi unit? also (I know it's a really, really stupid question, but) have you reset the unit completely by holding the power switch until it power cycles? I thought my CP patch hadn't worked, but I was reading too quickly and didn't reset the unit.
  14. davegsm82

I think everyone who has contributed to this needs a massive pat on the back. Much like Cuzoe says, the fact anyone with an SD card and a bit of knowlege (ok, and VCDS/OBD11) can now remove CP and CID locks among other things completely for free, absolutely blows my mind. well done guys.
  15. davegsm82

Ok, question for the hive mind. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the Preh unit I've bought and the ones fitted to say the MK3 Skoda Fabia (as an example). Mine - 3Q0035874C Fabia - 5Q0035874C The only obvious external difference I can see is that the Fabia one has only 1x SD...