GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by davegsm82

1. davegsm82

Random Broken CV joint bolt.

I've had a brief look on the search function but 'CV' is too short of a search term apparently so it severely limits results, either way I believe you wholeheartedly, just not 100% sure what to do about it in the short term. I'm currently recovering from Covid and lifting the tools to do this...
  2. davegsm82

ACC radar removal

This is what your typical horror story starts out like. All of these bolts snap. Inside you see all that white fluffy corrosion encroaches on the board. The remains of the bolts in the corners can be seen here as well. The red seal around the perimeter of the rear cover is what causes...
  3. davegsm82

ACC radar removal

Hi Isacheema, yea mine is the older dome-front radar, it's been spot on for probably a year or so now, I'll try and find some before/after photo's tonight. In all honesty I don't have a set price for cost at the minute, I was going to offer a postal repair service on a sort of no-win no-fee...
  4. davegsm82

That's an interesting take on the washer, hadn't thought of it becoming a blade and mine certainly could have in this instance. Is there any merit in removing the long washers and fitting standard serrated washers, like VW used to fit years ago? I have those on my T3 camper with TDi...
  5. davegsm82

Bit of a random one, today I was doing an oil service on my 2013 MK7 GT TDi and also trying to identify which side the failing wheel bearing is on, when I looked at the passenger side inner CV area I noticed there was some CV grease accumulated on the gearbox etc. When I had a closer look, one...
  6. davegsm82

ACC radar removal

@isacheema - Did you get your radar sorted? if not, I could still potentially repair your radar. I fully repaired and serviced mine, still working perfectly.
  7. davegsm82

Stop Start error & ACC not working

From what I understand, the heater that lives in the front of the radar dome can blow, which could potentially take the fuse out with it. The radar will probably still work but there may be a stored error code relating to the heater. AFAIK it can be turned off in VCDS.
  8. davegsm82

ACC Replacement for 2013 VW Golf GT

StevieD has messaged me about this but the question gets asked quite a lot so I will leave all of the information here so hopefully others searching for information can benefit from it. I will be offering a postal repair service (in the UK, although if required I can accept and send abroad) for...
  9. davegsm82

ACC Not available, DTC1038 & 1043

Just wanted to update this, as this was only part of the problem. The root cause was the radar itself failing, water ingress, corrosion and ultimately damage to the PCB inside. However, I'm an electronics engineer and was able to rebuild the radar unit (early, 2013 model with domed front)...
  10. davegsm82

Yea, unfortunately they are really rare. This type of radar was only fitted between late 2012 and late 2013, after that they moved to a flat-front Radar which you unfortunately can't fit to our cars, there's some sort of software incompatibility in the CAN Gateway that changed between 2013...
  11. davegsm82

Hi Isacheema, Ok. So I've been on a bit of a journey with this over the last couple of weeks. Short story of it is, the radar itself was knackered. Long story is, I'd been through all the wiring, checked the power supply to it, checked the grounds etc, I made myself a canbus interface and...
  12. davegsm82

Component Protection when swapping parts, info?

Hey Marc, I will do a little writeup, once I'm sure it's working 100% again. It had a momentary relapse tonight but after opening it up I found a broken pin on a connector so have repaired that and it's once again working. In all honesty, I would say that prevention would be the best...
  13. davegsm82

Radar was still working absolutely fine this morning on the way to work, I made sure it tracked cars on bends and at the maximum distance available, as well as making sure it registered that other vehicles were in the same or neighbouring lanes. So far so good. golfdave I just had a quick look...
  14. davegsm82

At the moment I'm not sure I trust the radar to even work tomorrow morning, which is when it typically fails. I don't have lane assist, so the radar alignment is all that should be affected, and I've taken a few steps to make sure that it's absolutely 100% pointing in the same direction it was...
  15. davegsm82

Forgot the picture, didn't I.