GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Daner

1. D

1.4TSI ACT Vibration/noisier idle

My 1.4 TSI 150 with a CZDA (non-ACT9) with just over 100k miles on it has recently started running roughly from 1200-1700 rpm under partial load when cold. Yesterday, the emission control warning light came on temporarily when it happened. I don't have the tools or the knowledge to try a DIY...
  2. D

Proven lightweight rotor/caliper package for 16" wheels?

I don't mind rust on the friction surface of the discs after a night of rain, as it scrubs off quickly in use. It is the ever-present rust on the hats and edges of the discs that I don't like. I also need to clean and repaint the dust shields.
  3. D

Using the template from Tarox, I verified that their B32-6 calipers would require a thick spacer to clear the spokes on the VW OEM winter wheels (Aspen, 6J x 16, ET50.) That is perhaps to be expected, as those wheels are not intended for performance applications. I did not check my current...
  4. D

Same part number and specs here, and I like the price better! https://www.taroxbrakes.eu/product/front-tarox-brake-discs-volkswagen-golf-mk5-inc-golf-plus-2-0-gti-1lj-1ll-1zd-1ld-2/
  5. D

Transmission/subframe removal upgrade opportunities

Reading that article makes me want to upgrade my 2017 Golf Sportscombi GT R-Line (with DCC) with the subframe and DCC suspension bits from a 2022 or newer GTI when the original dampers need replacing.
  6. D

These are the 2-piece rotors that they offer. https://www.taroxbrakes.eu/product/front-tarox-brake-discs-volkswagen-golf-mk5-inc-golf-plus-2-0-gti-1lj-1ll-1zd-1ld-2/ The dimensions suggest they should work either with the stock calipers or their aluminum 4-piston or 6-piston calipers. Whether...
  7. D

Tarox offers 2-piece rotors for the Mk.5 with sizing that matches my stock rotors (312 x 25mm). They also offer them together with a caliper kit, but it is not packaged as such on their website. I'm just verifying whether their calipers are trim enough to fit under 16" OEM winter rims.
  8. D

I understand that it isn’t necessary from a performance perspective, but I’m still interested in doing it. Also switching to RPF1 wheels to lose unsprung and rotating weight.
  9. D

My 2017 VW Golf SportsCombi 1,4 TSI 150 GT R-Line will soon need new rotors and pads. I ordered it with the DCC package, so it has the same suspension and brakes as the non-PP GTI (310mm vented front and 272mm solid rear.) I don't track it, and the stock brakes have lasted well over 150 000 km...
  10. D

FS: 17" OZ Leggera HLT wheels MINT

I know that these are long gone, but did you happen to weigh them?
  11. D

Headlight condensation?

Same issue with the left-side headlamp on my 2017 wagon, which is well out of warranty. The dealer recommends replacing the entire headlamp assembly. I'm looking for a DIY solution.
  12. D

Front headlamp lenses cracking on the inside

Please share your experience with the replacement lenses. My left headlight has moisture inside, and the dealer recommends replacing the entire assembly at a cost well over $1000.
  13. D

Mk7 1.4 MQ250 gearbox

I have a 2017 Golf wagon with the 1.4l / 150 CZDA engine running Shell 98+ fuel and fitted with a K&N air filter. No mods and no clutch slippage in the 132k km so far, but when the time comes, I'm planning on upgrading to one of these...
  14. D

VW Golf MK7 Estate, GT spec, Tungsten Silver, 1.4TSI

The detail is always appreciated, but it does make me feel guilty for not doing more for my own car. That is all on me!