GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Dan00Hawk

1. D

Official Silk Blue Metallic Golf Thread

Not a Golf, but my wife's 2017 Silk Blue Beetle with some bronze wheels.
  2. D

Mk 7 vs Focus ST

I owned a 2014 Focus ST prior to my 2017 GTI. I had no issues with the Focus, and it was a lot of fun. It took well to a Stage 1 tune, and the clutch can handle the additional torque of a tune without an issue. I'd say the personality of the car in terms of styling and the way it drives is a...
  3. D

Beat my first V8 today.

If we look at typical quarter mile trap speeds reported for a 2016 SS, they are around 115 mph. So in order to beat one from a roll, a GTI would typically need to be trapping at a higher mph than 115 mph. Would the OPs GTI be trapping around there with his mods? I don't know. Otherwise, as...
  4. D

FS: 2017 GTI S 5 Door DSG | APR Stage I ~10kmi | $18,750 Chicago

Which dealership told you that your powertrain warranty "is not void" with a regular Stage 1 tune? From everything I have seen, the only APR tune that allows for a limited powertrain warranty is the APR Plus. I would like to verify this before determining if I would like to consider buying...
  5. D

SOLD FS: Burger Motorsports Exhaust Tips Black 3.75”

Sale Pending. See ya' Sunday!
  6. D

SOLD FS: Burger Motorsports Exhaust Tips Black 3.75”

I'm in the Chicago suburbs and can meet up this weekend. PMing you.
  7. D

Downbadged

All of us with tunes unite! :ROFLMAO:
  8. D

Downbadged

You are absolutely correct on all points, and I appreciate the comments. I like the cleaner look of just having only the TDI on the back, similar to how it was just GTI on the other side. As you probably know, the front grill has a big blank spot that looks terrible if you remove the GTI, so...
  9. D

Downbadged

I decided to remove all the exterior GTI badges, and replace them with TDI badges. I'm waiting on the TDI Sport Edition badges to arrive, although I'm unsure if I want to put them on the fenders or not. I don't have any plans to swap bumpers or the exhaust, but I may black out the red stripe...
  10. D

FS 2017 Alltrack S 6speed 24,500$ (SOLD)

Sweet build! Good luck with the sale! The loan value that a bank will give someone for a 17 Alltrack S with 52k will obviously be significantly lower than your asking price, as the bank's loan value won't account for all the modifications. So keep that in mind as it can be a hurdle for people...
  11. D

FS: Cobb Ap for Mk7 GTI

The MAP tune will only work for the same year car as the one you ordered for it. I bought a used Cobb for my 2017, and it had MAP tunes for a 2016; but they would not load to my car. A new owner can upload the most recently updated OTS Cobb tunes though. Hope this helps. :)
  12. D

New wheels - Konig Hypergram 17X8

The Hypergrams are a great value for a lightweight wheel. I have been happy with the 18" on my GTI, aside from them visually looking like a smaller wheel due to where the spokes end.
  13. D

Caption contest time!

Can't tell which one is more stupid: The dog or the driver.
  14. D

My GF doesn't coast while driving

I solved that problem by insisting to drive, and my wife doesn't even want me in the car if I'm not driving. :)
  15. D

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Looks like a well-sorted bunch of upgrades to make for a potent and reliable driver! Love the plate, too! Perhaps an intercooler somewhere down the road?