GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cuzoe

1. C

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

@Jachas Since my module is 383L I suppose it would support everything. I may go for 7 pin. The 13 pin may not be common here (or at least doesn't seem to be). I guess I could always use a 13 to 4 adapter. But to be honest I'm never going to connect a trailer or tow anything 🤣. Still...
  2. C

It's the OEM tow module retrofit kit. In the states it was only sold for the Tiguan and Atlas. I don't know that any MK7 Golfs are tow rated here. But mqb is mqb. And Golfs are rated outside of the US. There's even an electric swiveling tow hitch for the wagon.
  3. C

If you're going to install a hitch to pretend like you might tow something might as well go all the way and get the module.
  4. C

I think we always knew it would come to this. Got a nice weight to them. Much more heatsink than expected. I would call them extremely decent.
  5. C

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

I've got in my notes... Air Quality/Humidity Sensor Connector - 4B0972883A Is the connector in your car this part number? If it is then I'll have to look at some more notes 🤣
  6. C

Access to the front door connector.

It won't come "out" from the outside because of the weather flange. In any case, it wouldn't move out very far. It's secured in the door right after it goes in... routed below/around the speaker and has to stay out of the way of the window glass. Drilling the rivets is inconvenient for sure...
  7. C

ACC to CCS.... Is it possible

The assumption about needing CCS as a "subsystem" is not correct. They are independent swap codes. I cannot guarantee your car doesn't have both codes, but there's also no reason for your car to have the CCS swap.
  8. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

So... You should be aware that when the time comes for me to build an AWD MK7 TDI I'll be sending you a couple transmissions. At which point you can finally make yourself useful for us TDI owners 🤣.
  9. C

ACC to CCS.... Is it possible

It is absolutely necessary to change the buttons. The engine ECU is going to throw errors if the buttons are wrong. In fact if you were going the other way, retrofit of ACC in place of CCS, you would have the ECU fault, and ACC fault and a glow plug light illuminated so long as the wrong...
  10. C

Screen protector for Discovery Media

I have a "glossy" protector on my screen now. Don't know why I didn't think to get matte. I loved the 8" matte screen that I had before this one. Both pick up fingerprints but minimal reflections was nice and that made fingerprints less visible when the screen is on. Screen off they both...
  11. C

MK7 Confessions

How could they not?
  12. C

RGB Ambient Lighting (hopes/dreams)... pre-facelift Mk7

Right you are, I tend to forget that some BCM's report the values in HEX, although all 4 BCM's I've had in my car give it in decimal, from 0.00 to 1.00. What are the part numbers for the lights you have installed/connected? And what do you have showing on your infotainment in the ambient...
  13. C

MK7 Confessions

I have no critique of your sun shade, it's yours after all. But I don't eat yogurt. And who is buying limp ass Amazon shit :ROFLMAO:. You just get a covercraft model specific sunshade, no flex to it.
  14. C

RGB Ambient Lighting (hopes/dreams)... pre-facelift Mk7

@Andrei1496 I'll respond more as I have time to keep looking, but so far... In my car these values were between 0.0 and 1.0, but all yours are 64... not sure what's going on here. IDE11477-ENG128587-Interior lighting: parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_cockpit,64 ,256...
  15. C

Access to the front door connector.

Remove the speaker. You'll have to drill out the rivets. You can rivet them back in place. Or use some clip-on nut plates and screws to make the speakers removable. This is what I've done.