GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by CrayonAssassin

1. C

Clunking/Thud noise

Depends on how handy you are and whether you have tools on hand. I am/have neither, so I had my shop do it. Typically people replace both engine and trans mounts at the same time. Engine mount should not be too tough as it's really accessible. Trans mounts you will need to remove the battery.
  2. C

Clunking/Thud noise

Just want to throw this out there. I had a clunk from the front right of the car only noticable at a low speed when going over bumps and moving off from a stop. Had my usual shop do all the troubleshooting steps mentioned by previous posters. No dice. Finally decided to swap out engine and...
  3. C

Audi s3 springs on golf r

Anyone have experience with ground control? Coilover conversion kit apparently they can do custom spring rates. You can even spec a helper spring?
  4. C

DSC Sport/APR Suspension Controller Tuning

Might be worthwhile trying to get the adaptation working first, since you already have B16s installed by physically unbolting the ride height sensors to allow them to get "into range". Or bring the ride height all the way up, to get closer to stock like suspension travel.
  5. C

On OE normal and race, bumps were definitely sharper. OE Comfort was soft but not as soft as how it feels now. Running it in individual DCC Race now feels more compliant than OE Comfort. Need to figure out how to make the different modes more distinct. Unfortunately, instead or 3 maps with...
  6. C

On stock springs but B6 dampers too, and I can also confirm the ride is so much better with the zeroed out velocity table.
  7. C

Yep logging revealed empirically that there is not comfort. Can't say I'm super pleased.
  8. C

I understand what you're saying, but I'm definitely sure I have 3 distinct suspension modes for comfort, normal and race. I've been specifically tweaking comfort such that I sort of have it harder than normal now. So thats how I "think" I can feel it. Maybe I should try the logging method to confirm
  9. C

I can't seem to get it into 1 for comfort mode too. But unless I'm really tripping, I do have 3 distinct DSC maps in comfort, normal and race respectively.
  10. C

Let me know which modules I need to check
  11. C

Hey I'm definitely interested! Been tweaking my file but feels like I'm going in circles when making changes. Unfortunately I'm on B6 dampers though.
  12. C

APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU) Upgrades are Here!

There's no difference as far as I can tell
  13. C

APR Suspension Control Unit (SCU) Upgrades are Here!

Cheers, thanks for sharing! I'll be more than happy to share whatever settings APR have in their controller when I get mine in. I'd love to hear how you get on after tuning. Based on what I've seen on YouTube, you should be able to reduce rebound in the velocity table setting...