GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cowzill00

1. Cowzill00

GTI vs Truck Tire

They’re just doing the est today, but said they’re running about 6 weeks on most repairs these days with difficulty getting parts.
  2. Cowzill00

GTI vs Truck Tire

My wife went out of town last week and rolled up to the house like this. On I-95, took a semi tire flying down her lane head on after traffic parted in front of her. Aaaand then drove home without stopping. 😅 😳 @GTI Jake FMIC appears unscathed! 💪 Running strong after many years now. I...
  3. Cowzill00

COBB DSG tune

Loving my EQT DSG tune. Among many things that are good, it is more “coasty” than Cobb Sport. Cobb was fairly aggressive on the downshifts when just tooling around/commuting. 4/5 shift on Cobb seemed to gear hunt when the needle hit 40mph, with almost no peddle input. Not so with EQT. It’s...
  4. Cowzill00

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Just dropping in to say i'm loving, loving, loving my EQT TCU tune! #should-have-done-it-sooner The only nitpick I could possibly have is the 4-5 shift cruising at 40 mph. Easily solved with one quick tug on the paddle, then it will cruise happily on near-0 pedal input 5th gear/1500rpm...
  5. Cowzill00

Rear Sway Bar + Endlinks Inquiry

Very happy with my H&R 24mm. Have about a year on it now. This mod literally made me laugh it’s so good. Can’t speak to snow handling as I don’t deal with that 4 letter word here. ;)
  6. Cowzill00

My Thoughts on Cobb EQT base maps vs Eurodyne

You could almost do away with 1st gear on a DSG for daily driving. That aside, I'm glad to see pedal input play a factor, as it should. My observation about the Cobb file was at 5% or less it changes gears 4 to 5, 5 to 4 just because the speedo touches 40 mph. That is rather annoying. Kind...
  7. Cowzill00

My Thoughts on Cobb EQT base maps vs Eurodyne

I finally got on the TCU tune train, but am waiting in Ed's backlog line for the real file. ;) Even the Cobb sport tune is a vast improvement over stock though. Closer to how I would shift around town, but seems to be 100% speedo driven on some shifts (like 4-5), leading to gear hunting if...
  8. Cowzill00

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finally got the Cobb DSG unlocked and installed. What a relief! Close to how I would drive now in D. WIll be better when the EQT file arrives. Waited way too long for this.
  9. Cowzill00

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Yep, ended up being 2 days here also. Thx
  10. Cowzill00

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

What’s the turnaround time for a COBB DSG adder ordered off the Strat website @marauder? Thought maybe that would be an instant email, but nope.
  11. Cowzill00

Vegas - What to do

Only on this forum would my mind trick me. When I glanced at the title it first said (to me): "Vargas - what to do." lol
  12. Cowzill00

Ever Run Tail of the Dragon?

Just looking at that map made me smile.
  13. Cowzill00

Nurburgring

Saw this a while back. Thought I’d share since it had a GTI Polo. First time lap with coaching. Kind of fun/interesting. https://youtu.be/cHaG6bKbTrU Then there’s video game level...another fun one: https://youtu.be/PQmSUHhP3ug
  14. Cowzill00

The stock mounts are crazy soft in comparison. You can move them by hand. I agree on the noise. I like it. Makes the car feel more alive. Looks like extended arm on yours ended up like mine...barely clearing the bolt? That one had me wondering about my alignment, but it’s pretty dead even...
  15. Cowzill00

Sorry to hear. Do you have a DSG/TCU tune?