GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Codeca

1. C

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Parts from my mk7 Golf R in alhambra, essentially on the border between south pasadena and alhambra. I also work full-time in torrance so I can meet somewhere in-between. AFE pro dry filter $30 battery cover width x height x depth 28.5cm x 16.5cm x 18.5cm $20 never used Locking Oil funnel...
  2. C

What is this pulsating humming sound from the engine bay?

just to update: had full dsg and haldex replacement, changed plugs, air filter, serpentine belt, and it still occurs every few days and lasts the rest of the drive. Still no idea what it is
  3. C

Timing belt options(accessory belt)

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1333061&cc=3354160&pt=8900&jsn=349 I noticed this on rockauto when I was looking to replace my belt, has anyone tried it? Or just go OEM? I mean OEM is definitely the safest but just in case the continental is built better(since i'd assume they know...
  4. C

Dealerships

do NOT go to new century volkswagen (took 6 weeks to replace transmission and haldex, with 1 week for shipping the actual parts. 4 delays due to parts they forgot to order, and broke my axle changing the haldex somehow). Pasadena VW seems hit or miss also since they apparently have golf R...
  5. C

SoCal Meets/Cruises

Is there a discord or something easier to organize meets/cruises? I'm newer to LA and would love to take a look around!
  6. C

New wheels

It's an expensive purchase and I don't want to poop on your parade....but the red really works best with the GTI since it has the red accents exterior and interior IMO. If you like them, rock em. Anonymous opinions on the internet have no value anyway
  7. C

just updated with a high pass filter, and it seems to pulsate a bit quicker with the engine speed. Yeah sorry about the sound, i'll make sure to pop the hood next time I hear it. I actually just went out to try again but it seems to have gone away for now. Maybe it's just after longer drives?
  8. C

Sadly enough my phone mic isn't the greatest, but its noticeable. It's maybe on-par if not a bit louder than the motor and has no error codes. IRL it sounds almost like a taycan or EV fake exhaust sound but pulsating. Not sure if it happens at higher RPMs, but you can only really hear it under...
  9. C

OBDELEVEN Next gen IOS ?

Honestly might switch to carly, i'm on my 2nd obdeleven with connection issues(yeah yeah, tried two phones) and the scans can sometimes take too damn long compared to, say, the mx+ that I owned last.
  10. C

Anyone else find Mk7 Seats uncomfortable?

6'3 200lbs, 425 squat, and noticed my seat's leg bolster stitching is slowly tearing. feelsbadman.
  11. C

VW Dealership Warranty haldex shenanigans.

I'll make sure to grab one next time it happens. Figured i'd ask ahead if it's common enough that somebody would know what to check first. Thanks! edit: I finally got my trans and haldex fully replaced with new parts from the extended warranty and learned that the controller for my haldex was...
  12. C

VW Dealership Warranty haldex shenanigans.

sweet jesus there's another odd problem now. It's happened a couple times in the past 3 days when I began noticing it. So the first time was after parking and putting the car into park, the car started humming rhythmically. By hum, I mean it almost sounds like the fake engine sound from an...
  13. C

Buffing Out Scratches / Just How Hard is the Clear Coat on these Cars?

From what I understand, if the pad stops spinning, you're pressing too hard, no? At least for most tools you let the tool do the work. I'd imagine its just about impossible to actually polish an entire car with even pressure throughout if you're pressing down, and would make the clearcoat uneven...
  14. C

Brake change first-timer advice

They might be just out of my preferred price range, being around 350-400 for just the fronts from what I could find. But how much better are the centric rotors anyway? Not to be a smartass but genuinely curious, since there are kits like the "autospecialty kit"(what is this anyway? In house...
  15. C

Brake change first-timer advice

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9689152&cc=3354160&pt=13824&jsn=19 Thanks! It seems to be between that or the two below: https://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/standard-replacement-brake-kit.php https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-brake-kit-zimmerman-textar-kit although im...