GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ClubFed

1. C

Launch control and shift issues.

This must be a 7.5 issue, because I can half ass it and LC does it's job on my EQT stage 1 tune using oem LC not Cobbs.
  2. C

My quest to fabricate the perfect DSG paddles

That's why I run these (but i went blue). Under $30 and they are holding up under lots of use lol. https://www.amazon.com/Steering-Shifters-Replacement-Volkswagen-2014-2019/dp/B07TQ598X9/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=vw+golf+dsg+padd&qid=1592766772&sr=8-5
  3. C

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I have a quick question. I could hit 4k on my stock LC, then added an EQT stage 1 93 tune, and now my LC modulates between 3200-3500. Took it to a few drag nights, and about 15 runs all did the same. It launched fine, and damn did it pull great (best so far is a 8.0 @86mph w/ a 1.78 60'). Just...
  4. C

Bettering my 1/8th mile?

I took my DSG '15 R to the local 1/8th mile for the first time the other day. Currently running an EQT stage 1 tune, drop in filter, and a Majesty IC. Kept the tires to normal pressure because I really don't know how best to set up tire pressure for an AWD car. I had 4 runs and they were all...
  5. C

Buying a MK7 R, what should I look for?

Heck yea they do. When I had my Focus ST and had any issues they had it covered under my Maxcare even though I was FBO and running e30. You better believe I put Maxcare on the Golf too, and it's already worked out for me since I had to have my infotainment system replaced due to a bad module...
  6. C

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Installed my majesty. i didn't need to cut or shave anything on the IC so i'm happy about that. the yellow clips were a pain but they didn't break coming out or going back in. Had to shave the fins off my oem airbox. Might try heat gunning the bottom of the box and whacking it with a rubber...
  7. C

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Just installed my EQT 93 stage 1 tune today. Wow is all I can say. It's a night and day difference from the Cobb OTS tune. Also adding burbles to my sport mode was great. Loving the little burbs even on the stock exhaust.
  8. C

Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

I've loved the new hybrid line so far. The Turtle ceramic spray is doing better then the Mothers ceramic spray at least for me.
  9. C

Where and through who should i buy an extended warranty for my 2017 Golf R?

I have Carmax Maxcare 125k mile warranty with my current R, and had the same Maxcare with my full bolt on e30 Focus ST. With my Focus I had the transmission replaced 3 times under that warranty (last time was at 112k miles). So the money I spent on the warranty paid for itself since Ford receipt...
  10. C

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

First post. Found out about this IC while doing google searches yesterday. So decided to order it along with a CTS turbo inlet, and an ECS intake tube. I feel like my EQT stage 1 tune is going to enjoy the extra goodies in the long term. Especially with me moving from TN to TX soon. Thanks to...