GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by CKIVSEPA

1. CKIVSEPA

Manual parking brake button popped off

Oh how desperately I wanted this to work. I filled the hole on the silver button with JB Weld, taped it in the depressed position, and walked away. I gave it 24+ hours just to make sure. When I removed the tape that was holding it in the depressed position, that little bugger shot off into...
  2. CKIVSEPA

Hey, not sure where in PA you are, but I am in the chester county area. If you got this work done at a shop near here, I'd love to know what shop it was! TIA.
  3. CKIVSEPA

Does it matter if the brake lever is down or up? At the moment, mine doesn't stay up (hence me searching for a fix).
  4. CKIVSEPA

Sold please delete

Works on a Gti too? I’m in western burbs
  5. CKIVSEPA

Lots o' Mk7 Retrofit stuff

Does your trip to the US bring you near Philadelphia?
  6. CKIVSEPA

SOLD

Still available?
  7. CKIVSEPA

Bad Mildew smell A/C leak or something else?

I have a similar smell issue, but when a hurricaine came through my car seemed to bring in a little water. I noticed the floor behind the driver seat was damp after picking the car up from the shop. I could run that A/C product, but I wonder if my foam under the carpeting is damp? The smell...
  8. CKIVSEPA

Dealers - Philly Burbs PA

Funny... there was a time when they took forever to get my car back to me, and their "compensation" was to give me a bunch of free wash coupons for the carwash they use. "No thanks", said I. They seemed confused why I would refuse. I bought my car there as a CPO. Didn't have a bad experience...
  9. CKIVSEPA

DIY - HD Clutch Stop - for less than a dollar! for all MQB MK7 Golf 5 and 6MT

Planning on doing this mod over the weekend. In a quick search of HomeDepot's website, it looks like this is closer to a $9 mod than "less than a dollar", but it's simplicity and accessibility make it a winner regardless! Looking forward to it.... although a little worried that it's going to...
  10. CKIVSEPA

Rim Guards? A cheaper way to deal with some curb rash?

In looking for ways to make a set of black wheels look better, I was quoted $200/wheel to deal with the rash. I'd get new wheels before I'd spend that much, as the wheels that need the repair are not super high-end. So a little time on the internet turns up things like AlloyGators and...
  11. CKIVSEPA

Not worth the trouble? Or no trouble at all? (fitment)

Just noticed the lugs on FCPeuro would be guaranteed for life.
  12. CKIVSEPA

FS: VA/DC $80 - 25 McGard Black Conical 14x1.5mm 28mm Shank Lug Bolts

Nicely done. Guess I don’t know how to make that site work for me. I’ll try to find them in black