GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ck23

1. C

GTI to Golf R?

The R is better in every way, do it, you will not regret the decision. As for the fuel mileage, don't sweat it. I have a '19 R with a Stage 1 tune, spirited daily driving (60%hwy/40%city) yields about 23-25mpg. On the hwy (road trip) it's in the 28-32mpg range. I know it's a 4 cylinder, but it's...
  2. C

Watch a Stock 2022 Golf R Hit 180 MPH

Quick!!! I'm liking what I'm seeing from the MK8R so far.
  3. C

Best touch up paint for OEM black wheels?

Worked well for me. Did you end up giving it a shot?
  4. C

Best touch up paint for OEM black wheels?

I actually have a small bottle of Masters "gloss black" Model Paint for my black Pretoria's. I used it to touch up a small chip from a rock and you can't even tell where it was anymore. Just go easy, take your time and don't use too much, less is more.
  5. C

New owner MK7.5

BTW, that R looks sick!
  6. C

Best tune for golf r

Welcome to the group! Several good tunes for this platform out there, just depends on what you're looking for. As mentioned above, search and do some solid research, lots of information available. Personally, I have had both EQT and APR tunes on my MK7/MK7.5 R's. They both produce a solid...
  7. C

Who is seriously gonna buy a MK8 R?

I'm going to hold onto my MK7.5 for a bit and see what the car (MK8) actually looks like. At the end of the day, I personally feel that the MK7.5 is such a great looking car, have the color I want and have been doing some modding that really makes the car so much fun. Given that, not too...
  8. C

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Couldn't agree more, same tune here just a Golf R instead!
  9. C

SOLD: Golf R Exhaust Tips

PM'd additional questions.
  10. C

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

I've got them on the car, installed yesterday. Honestly, they poke just a bit but not that much. I was actually surprised. I'm running a 5mm spacer in the front and have done the fender screw mod. Do not seem to have any issue on my drive out tonight to test out this setup. I'm fairly certain...
  11. C

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

On stock suspension (Golf R) and just picked up some wheels and tires, 245/40-18 and 18x8.5 et43. I'd like to run a 15mm spacer on the rear for a little more aggressive stance, would this be too aggressive and rub?
  12. C

Coast-to-Coast Road Trip

Great write up, thanks for taking us along. Stay safe out there!
  13. C

WedsSport TC-105X 5x112 Pre-orders start now! 18x8.5 under 17 lbs

Looks great! What tires are you running, and are you on stock suspension? Considering these wheels for my Lapiz Blue 19R.
  14. C

245/40/18 on stock suspension

Reviving this thread. I'm considering trying 255/40's with my soon to be set of wheels. Looking at a few different brands, but specs will be in the 18x8.5 et44 range. I'm on stock suspension, think I will have issues running this setup?
  15. C

WedsSport TC-105X 5x112 Pre-orders start now! 18x8.5 under 17 lbs

Beautiful finish on these wheels!