GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ChronicSPD

1. ChronicSPD

Stepped wear?

It's not the edge wear making me think it's a slipped belt, it's the diagonal raised ridge running across the tread.
  2. ChronicSPD

Stepped wear?

Looks like a slipped belt in the tire
  3. ChronicSPD

Straight Ahead Brake Stabilization

I deactivated this long ago due to the side to side oscillation it causes. Example: on the highway at 60-70mph with a car in front of me, strong acceleration then lane change to pass caused extreme steering oscillation by using the brakes to try and keep the car straight. It's very unnerving...
  4. ChronicSPD

eBay Twintercooler

Works well, 13-15* above ambient during a pull through 2 gears on average. There are 2 holes to be drilled to mount the intercooler. Look for the Forge Twintercooler install instructions as they are almost identical.
  5. ChronicSPD

eBay Twintercooler

I have the original gplus sold by Amazon. Hoses fit just fine and I've had no issues since install. However, I bought mine a long time ago and have no idea if they've changed anything since then.
  6. ChronicSPD

Modifications you Should Buy or Do

I had Hankooks stock, they were all around horrible. Replaced them with AS3+ with only 800 miles on them. Working at a tire shop had it's benefits.
  7. ChronicSPD

Modifications you Should Buy or Do

After 30k miles my Weather tech mats still look new when I take them out to clean them, other than a scratch on the driver's mat from rocks stuck in my boots.
  8. ChronicSPD

Rotor Hotspots

I've used roloc style abrasive discs to remove pad deposits from rotors that people thought were warped. They work especially well if you put the rotor on a brake lathe...
  9. ChronicSPD

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

I haven't noticed any KR from Cobb traction control. I use it A LOT and absolutely love it where EQT preset it at level 3, although you'll still spin right through it in the rain.
  10. ChronicSPD

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

I have the v2.01 file flashed. I haven't tried launch control yet but everything else seems fine.
  11. ChronicSPD

From Unitronic Stage 2 to EQT Stage 2 Base Map -- Yay or Nay?

I've never run Uni tunes, but it was a big difference for me going from Eurodyne to Cobb AP with EQT base tunes. I'd recommend an IC as well, even if a cheap Amazon/eBay front mount for ease of use as my EQT stage 2 base map peaks at 28-29 PSI. The DSG tune is definitely worth it as well.
  12. ChronicSPD

Accessport question/ thought

Here's my review of the EQT base maps https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/my-thoughts-on-cobb-eqt-base-maps-vs-eurodyne.369253/#post-7359500
  13. ChronicSPD

Adding Vibrant resonator and expanding stainless pipe

To start, I have the 034 3" downpipe and Remark 2.75" catback. As I've put more miles on the exhaust it has started to drone more. It doesn't bother me much, but in a few months I'll be driving it around 1100 miles to Florida. I already ordered a Vibrant 17950 resonator, reducer, and needed...
  14. ChronicSPD

Cobb AP install gone wrong

I use a cheaper 8 amp charger when flashing and I've never had it drop below 13 volts. I do hook up the charger a few minutes before starting the flash, and always keep the headlights, radio, and interior lights off.