GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ChristopherNeil

1. C

Dropped on jack stands (codes)

Buy a lotto ticket; you just got lucky twice.
  2. C

MK7 Confessions

I'm trying to save you money. Buy the bigger containers, it's significantly better value. Only downside is less foil.
  3. C

MK7 Confessions

That's like $400 of yogurt to get a $16 sunshade, but I appreciate the Macgruberism.
  4. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

80k service and raised the front coilovers ⅜"
  5. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I owned a 2000 (my mistake) for less than a year, maybe even six months. Absolute nightmare for maintenance. Blew a turbo 3 weeks after purchase, broken window regulator when it was raining, and started to develop a 3rd gear grind on heavy pulls. Fixed everything but the transmission and...
  6. C

Coilover dilemma

I set the damping to 5f/3r and it seems to have improved the harshness a tad, but not 100%. I inspected for bump stop clearance in the front and if I'm not mistaken, it's inverted with internal bump stops. Hopefully raising the front 10mm this coming week keeps the trend going.
  7. C

Coilover dilemma

I was under the impression that the LCAs were rubber, maybe I got ahead of myself with that. Surprisingly, I didn't notice much, if any, change in ride quality with both the top mounts or the strut bar? I rode new oem mounts when I first installed the coilovers, and only changed them for the...
  8. C

Coilover dilemma

I'll have to try those settings when the front is raised. As far as mileage, I'm going on a limb and saying ~40k. Had them checked either 5 or 10k ago and ge said they were not leaking or showing any unusual wear. I have noticed though, recently my splitter is just grazing a speed bump that not...
  9. C

Coilover dilemma

Yeah, it's a bit odd. My cars going in for the 80k service next week, I'm going to have him check the lower control arms and ball joints when we raise the front. The thing is, driving through twisties it feels incredibly tight and responsive to my input. I just can't seem to get the daily...
  10. C

Coilover dilemma

Great video. I've been watching a several videos addressing those details of setting up suspension. I'm limited on tools/space to do jobs like that myself (tiny garage). I need to see if my bump stops were ever trimmed when they were installed – I bought them gently used off the master tech that...
  11. C

Coilover dilemma

I currently have Bilstein B16s on my '16 Autobahn. The issues I'm having, I can't figure out if they're user error, or what I'm seeking will be solved by upgrading coilovers. I've had the settings everywhere from 9f/10r to 5f/7r. I've gradually softened the damping to get a little more comfort...
  12. C

Crack in sunroof bezel/roof trim?

It's the age of the vehicle. I have fading happening, and they're offering 50% of the cost. I know the owner of my dealership as a good friend, so I'm confident he's being transparent, given things he's told me in the past about how VW corporate works. I've just not addressed mine yet because...
  13. C

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I've had at least one random instance like that, that I specifically remember. Downshifted to 4th to pass, and just as it hit boost and I cross lanes, power cut for a split second as if traction control came on or you accidentally upshift (but didn't), then kicked back in. Just a weird hiccup...
  14. C

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I wrap a microfiber around the bottle and store it in the corner cubby under the taillight.