GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ChrisAttebery

1. ChrisAttebery

SOLD! - 18x8 OZ Allegerrita HLT SE wheels with Nankang AR1 tires

Yes, I bought a 2011 Cayman base with the PDK.
  2. ChrisAttebery

SOLD! - 18x8 OZ Allegerrita HLT SE wheels with Nankang AR1 tires

I sold my GTI so I need to sell these. This was my track setup. 18x8 OZ Allegerrita HLT SE wheels. 18x8 5x112 ET48. 17lbs each. The wheels are a special edition Gloss Black with a machined lip that is clear coated. They were only available for a short time. This set is in very good condition...
  3. ChrisAttebery

Bay Area Track Days

Call Porterfield. They are in SoCal.
  4. ChrisAttebery

Questions and advice for a HPDE Noob

Torque wrench and socket for your wheels. Re-torque them after the first session. I check mine 2-3 times per day.
  5. ChrisAttebery

Questions and advice for a HPDE Noob

Do yourself a favor and buy a seat belt locking clip. You don't want to be moving around in your seat or having to constantly tighten it up while you're on track. Seat belt locking clip
  6. ChrisAttebery

Bay Area Track Days

I'll be in point by too.
  7. ChrisAttebery

Looking for a little help with suspension tuning

I ran the stock FSB with 3 different aftermarket RSBs. I never liked how that felt. Then I read the following article and it really made sense to me https://nasaspeed.news/tech/suspension/camber-matters-optimizing-track-performance-for-strut-suspension-cars/ Then I installed the H&R 26mm FSB...
  8. ChrisAttebery

Sorry, I should have said that the REAR end is stuck everywhere. I edited the first post to reflect that. At no time does the rear end get loose, even under HARD threshold braking. I'm pushing the front tires right to the edge of understeer in basically every corner. I even went two off in turn...
  9. ChrisAttebery

Thanks David. I agree that taking away grip is a bandaid. I think I'll start with the rear toe then soften the front sway bar.
  10. ChrisAttebery

Thanks Jay. I've been following your thread for a couple years.
  11. ChrisAttebery

Hi Guys, I'm in a Mk6 GTI. The mk6 forum is pretty slooooowwwww these days so I thought I'd post here. I have done 12 days at Laguna Seca in my car. The setup has slowly evolved as I've gotten to know the car. Here's my current suspension setup: Ground Control Camber Plates Koni Yellow Sports...
  12. ChrisAttebery

200TW HPDE tire selections (with one condition)

I ran the Nankang AR-1s on my last track day. I had been running RS-4s before. I bought the AR-1s from Phil's Tire Service in NY. They recommend a specific heat cycle including an overnight cool down. I paid $100 to have them heat cycled to avoid the overnight wait. They still needed a few laps...
  13. ChrisAttebery

Bay Area Track Days

I'm in too. We should all park together. Bern and I both parked near turn 3 last time. It's close to the gas pumps and the bathroom is nicer. ;^)
  14. ChrisAttebery

Bay Area Track Days

My tires showed up and I got them mounted today. I’ll be at Laguna Seca on Sunday.
  15. ChrisAttebery

Bay Area Track Days

My tires got delayed until tomorrow. Hopefully they actually show tomorrow. If they do it's going to be a busy day on Saturday. I'm glad I haven't signed up yet.