GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Chris43

1. Chris43

What music do you listen to??

Absolute 80s. Best decade of music by a long way
  2. Chris43

UK - Handing my GTD back to VWFS

I've just arranged with VWFS to hand my Golf GTD back. I am 40 months through a 48 month PCP on my 2014 GTD. As I have repaid more 50% of the vehicle value I can give it back and terminate the agreement with out any financial penalty. VWFS will pass my details on to British Car Auction who...
  3. Chris43

What do you think of the facelift?

If you search through the used cars on the VW UK website there's a few facelift golfs starting to appear. Ok, theres loads of clips on youtube that are framed to make the car look its best but ive got to say, looking at the used car pics Im really not sure. So, what do you think?
  4. Chris43

Took a Benz out for a good drive yesterday !

Thanks for the comprehensive review, your timing is perfect. In a few months my GTD will be going back and I'm looking for a new company car. Have to admit I was attracted to the A Class as the lease deals are quite good at the moment. I also like the exterior but I couldn't get past the fact...
  5. Chris43

150PS ACT MPG

I've just landed a promotion at work so have the opportunity to pick a company car of my choice. I've already discounted another GTD or GTi due to the tax bill each month. I'd consider the GT with the 150ps petrol engine, problem is the facelift GT is only available with diesel engines at the...
  6. Chris43

New Golf open to order in the UK

The VW website now has full details of the new Golf version. The GTD is apparently cheaper than the current version, however they've dropped the Keyless and Winter pack from the standard equipment list....
  7. Chris43

VW faces production delays amid dispute

Anybody with a European built Golf on order may get some delays... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37154334 I used to work as Logistics managerfor a 2nd tier supplier into VW and putting VW on stop would have been more than my job was worth. Its good to see companies taking a stand for a change
  8. Chris43

Trailer for the BBC Top Gear series

Are you getting the new Top Gear now? Its come under a lot of criticism from peopld and press here in the UK. Most I believe is unjustified. Chris Evans is very 'marmite' you either love him or hate him, there is no middle ground. People are confusing their dislike for the person rather than...
  9. Chris43

Vehicle Health Check Video

My GTD has been in for a full service. A year later than it should have but that's another story. Just received a link to a video where the technician, called Martin actually walks underneath my Golf measures the wear in 3 places on all 4 tyres and talks through the other aspects checked and...
  10. Chris43

MY2017 Updates

It wont be long until VW start building MY2017 cars. Anybody have any views on what will change / get updated? Interior improvements and upgrades are quite normal. Standard leather for GTD/I + R and 8" screen ? They could start to bundle the more expensive driver aids too Thinking further...
  11. Chris43

TDI winter walm up tip

All 2 litre TDI engines (European not sure about N. America) are fitted with a electric pre heater in the coolant system. The pre heater assists the engine in walming the coolant up thus shortening the time it takes to get walm air in the cabin. The pre heater is only available if the...
  12. Chris43

The top 25 fastest depreciating cars of 2015

Despite "dieselgate" there isn't 1 VW in the list http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/ownership/the-top-25-fastest-depreciating-cars-of-2015/ss-BBnxLAf?ocid=spartandhp#image=2
  13. Chris43

Replacement Wiper Blades

Apologies because this has been covered before, I just cant find the thread. From what I remember Bosch make a direct replacement can somebody give me a part number / source in the UK. I want to replace both front and rear now the crap weather is upon us.
  14. Chris43

GTD damaged by hit and Run in Delph nr Oldham

Not sure if it anybody on here but I've just seen a FB post where somebody witnessed a car colliding with a GTD in Delph nr Oldham and then driving off. The collision happened this morning. The FB post shows the registration of damaged GTD and the offending car.
  15. Chris43

Volkswagen cheated emmision test says EPA

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5e0b8bcc-5e21-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3lwIgVUsw The mk7 golf is listed. If this is true VW are in deep shit.