GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by chiefhiawatha

1. C

Audio from iOS sounds worse through Carplay than Bluetooth with Helix

Hi all, I have the latest iOS, and a 2017 GTI. I also have a Helix subwoofer, properly programmed. EQ settings set to default across the board. When I listen to music now, especially apple lossless, it sounds dead, not vibrant, etc using Carplay. Music played through bluetooth is far FAR...
  2. C

brake squeak but not when braking

The shop said they took everything apart, cleaned it up, lubed it, reassembled with the new pads and rotors. Is greasing pins part of the standard operation?
  3. C

Turned out one of the inner brake pads in the front was worn way down and the retaining clip was tickling the rotor. Inner pad was down to nothing, outside ones had 50-60% left. Visual walk around inspection by the shop failed to turn this up. New pads and rotors on the fronts.
  4. C

Hi all, Recent issue: After a stop, there is a brake squeak when driving. I tap the brakes, the squeaking stops. There is no brake pad noise when actually braking. A shop confirmed I have plenty of pad left. It's like the brakes aren't pulling back all the way or something? Seems to be...
  5. C

Speeding article

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/08/11/these-5-cars-receive-the-most-speeding-tickets/
  6. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

More time consuming?! How fast do you do a standard oil change?
  7. C

Ate a curb so bad right rear tire that I almost barfed and then had discount tire put the tire on my spare rim so I could get this one refinished. Pulled out of a bank drive through, and the curb was longer than I thought.
  8. C

Can you take a picture of where you taped please
  9. C

They’re way better.
  10. C

And how much faster is the car now
  11. C

What do the hood vents do
  12. C

So why did you (or anyone for that matter) put sunglasses over your headlights?
  13. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Anker PowerLine+ II Lightning... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WNF2ZZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share