GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by cb1111

1. cb1111

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Yeppers. Left is ball, right is cone.
  2. cb1111

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...*Schwarzenegger Voice* Who Is Your Sky Daddy, And What Does He Do?

zricky wouldn't know what a promise is if it bit him in the ass
  3. cb1111

Looks like I'm officially back with a VW

Never thought of a GLI - more room in the back seat too. I'm a bit tempted by a 19 Passat R - any thoughts on those?
  4. cb1111

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Just wanted to validate that a 20oz KleanKanteen (including the newer slightly larger widemouth flasks and the Hydroflasks fit nicely. Thet rattle a bit but I guess I'm spoiled by the Acura that has a rubber sleeve over the four "fingers" that grip the container. Thanks all for the pictures.
  5. cb1111

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...*Schwarzenegger Voice* Who Is Your Sky Daddy, And What Does He Do?

His IP address undoubtedly resolves back to the Kremlin...
  6. cb1111

M3 in winter storage for the owner's brother. I've had Raja do my last 7 or 8 cars. Workmanship is impeccable and I've seen him work wonders on cars.
  7. cb1111

I dropped my car off on Sunday to get the PPF and ceramic coating done - we decided to wait on the tint until better weather. Picked the car up today and it looks pretty decent :p Of course it snowed on the way home.... I threw in a photo of the shop as well. Great place and I can recommend...
  8. cb1111

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

A good dealer will carefully consider a failure and determine logically if a mod caused the failure. A bad dealer will deny claims just because they think they can. I had a BMW dealer tell me that my bad wheel bearing was caused by my aftermarket wheels. It took a letter to BMW showing that my...
  9. cb1111

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.... your contact is with the dealership and the dealership deals with the manufacturer and implements their rules. I'm glad you brought that up though, because it explains why some dealers are less mod friendly than others - those are the dealers that "got bitten" and had VW...
  10. cb1111

IIRC, the impetus for the Act was Eureka that denied warranty service on because the customer used an aftermarket bag. The denial was based only on the mere presence of the aftermarket part. Eureka didn't say "the bag caused the failure", they said "you used a non Eureka part so you have no...
  11. cb1111

I see this and it is quite clear. If the aftermarket part breaks something then it is on your dime. You'll note that the FTC says "the dealer must show that the aftermarket part caused the issue" and they didn't say "prove". The bar for the dealership with aftermarket parts is low. Quite...
  12. cb1111

Ca you show that to me? Since the sole purpose of a performance part is to alter the performance of that system, it is logical that it could cause issues.
  13. cb1111

Acadia, no you don't understand. He wasn't talking about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, he was talking about Magnuson v. Moss, the obscure court case where the feds came riding out on their white horses to beat the dealership into submission... I wrote this about 10 years ago on the BMW forum...
  14. cb1111

You and zricky should go get a room.... He is a liar because he made a stupid bet and reneged on it. COVID is a hoax according to him and is immaterial since it only kills older people (that's you) and his links are either from sketchy sites or flat out don't say what he says they say.
  15. cb1111

PSA - VW Partner Program

Yeah, but if you enter that code you'll get an error message. That's the problem with that list as the partners change frequently but the list isn't updated. If you think that your company connection applies, then plug the number in and see what happens.