GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by CarolinaPanthers

1. C

WTB Roof Rack

OEM Volkswagen roof rack available if anyone is still in need of a rack. Part number 5G3071126. Used on a 2 door Golf.
  2. C

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Also interested in the outcome of this. Lol just when I thought I had my head wrapped around the adjustment!
  3. C

Spulen or Bilstein Coilovers?

I’ve not heard good things about Spulen anything. In the $1000ish budget, I say Bilstein B14s, BC coilovers, or B8/Koni Sports to go with your springs. Open Road Tuning and Silvers Neomax look to be very very similar to EQT coilovers, though not sure if they have a 50mm spindle option.
  4. C

Shift Knobs

I’m a Raceseng Sphereology fan. Added their shift boot cover and it makes the shift knob sit up the littlest bit higher. Love the height and feel of the shifter, though I thought the height before the cover was about perfect. Also like the looks of the Slammer knob. Bummed they no longer offer...
  5. C

Downpipe What's the best brand ?

I like Integrated Engineering because I didn’t get a CEL with Vibrant straight spacer and medium insert. No tune.
  6. C

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Just wanted to check back in after a few weeks of letting everything settle in (or let my ears get used to the sound). Even with my hack-job clamp install of the 17950 to my AWE Track exhaust, I have to say the resonator does a great job! Drone is cut out almost entirely. The exhaust, as a...
  7. C

LOL! Removing foot from mouth. You're right.
  8. C

For the fronts, adjusting the length of the shock body via the lower mount, you adjust the overall length of the strut and spring combo. Longer length from lower mounting bolt to strut mount = higher ride height. Shorter = lower. This is cool because you can adjust ride height without affecting...
  9. C

I'm obviously not Ed, I feel you on this! I actually found two videos from two different brands of coilovers and neither are mk7 specific, though still a divorced spring set up, for setting rear ride height and spring preload. Ed, if you want me to remove these videos, I will do so! Or if I am...
  10. C

Rev9 Exhaust

@Supermoto I’m in a similar boat. Clamped in Vibrant resonator, but to a AWE Track exhaust, and am experiencing drone in the same RPM range. From a different thread, a knowledgeable member suggested clamping instead of welding is the root cause of the drone problem.
  11. C

Coilovers - Bilstein B14 vs. EQT Balanced Line

Yeah man! If you wouldn’t mind posting some pics that would be helpful! I know I can go low as I’d realistically like to with BCs, but I’d be bummed if max height was too low or something.
  12. C

Good points! I dove into some more videos and have finally wrapped my head around divorced spring/shock ride height and preload adjustment haha. I figure I'll spend a day or two and get the ride height where I want it, let it settle for a week, and then get an alignment. Adjustments from there...
  13. C

About ready to pull the trigger. Narrowed it down to EQT and BC. Love the ease of damping adjustment on EQT. Also love the fact that the ride height can go from a little lower than stock (e.g., similar drop as springs) or a lot lower. I don’t plan on going crazy with the drop. Only downside is...