GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Carlos Fandango

1. Carlos Fandango

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I have had this, usually caused by stepping in a Diesel spill by the pump.
  2. Carlos Fandango

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Lovely clean car, not sure about all the stickers though.
  3. Carlos Fandango

IS38/Big Turbo or Motorcycle?

I’ve been riding for 41 years now. Bikes always first.
  4. Carlos Fandango

High Mileage Champ- Anyone over 100,000 or 200,000

Mine is now on 105,000 owned by me from new (August 2015) had DSG service, cam belt, water pump and four new tyres done last year so hoping to keep it a bit longer and get my moneys worth.
  5. Carlos Fandango

Good Evening

6 1/2 years later I thought I should update this thread. I still have the car and it’s now done 105000 miles. It is still completely standard and unmodified, has never had any paint, and apart from a slightly worn driver seat bolster, the odd mark, stone chip and kerbed wheels, it looks...
  6. Carlos Fandango

What did you do to your mk7 today?

In the U.K. we drive on the left so headlights are directed to the left as to not dazzle oncoming traffic. So when driving in Europe you can switch the headlights from the Infortainment screen to dip towards the right, years ago we used to use tape on the headlights
  7. Carlos Fandango

Took mine to France today, brilliant that you can swap units from MPH to KPH and swap over the headlights over from RHD to LHD from the satnav screen. Stopped at the old Reims Circuit earlier today.
  8. Carlos Fandango

That GTi just like looks “right” the colour really suits it and makes it look super sharp, and the GTD wheels IMO are the best stock 18” wheels VW ever produced for the Mk7
  9. Carlos Fandango

These is something in what you say, the Golf has a very large deep windscreen compared with a car designed 20 years ago, I’m sure it makes them more susceptible to cracking if they get hit by a stone.
  10. Carlos Fandango

What’s the advantage of fitting those?
  11. Carlos Fandango

If they are really neglected, wet wire wool works well
  12. Carlos Fandango

Have a long test drive if you’re thinking of buying an A3, I used to own one and I found it very uncomfortable on long journeys. The S line also had a very crashy ride. Personally I think the Golf is much better car.
  13. Carlos Fandango

What are looking at buying Paul?