GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Bullet Bob

1. B

How many times has someone opened their car door into your car?

Some people are just thoughtless jerks, some are malicious.
  2. B

Disable rear wiper

"...so “why?” is mute." The word you're looking for is 'moot'. Of course, if you're mentally challenged enough to remove safety equipment, I'm guessing it won't matter to you.
  3. B

Carmageddon: The makings of the next credit crisis could be in your driveway

"...insane discounts on new sedans" I think part of that is their own darn fault. I love the exterior of the Chevrolet Impala, but won't buy a car with automatic engine stop/start that can't be turned off. CVT? No thanks, Nissan Maxima. And somehow Toyota manages to make the front end of the...
  4. B

Does anyone read books still?

"Does anyone read books still?" I'm usually pretty still while reading, since I'm not coordinated enough to walk around and read at the same time. :)
  5. B

Latest VW Beetle compared to Mk7 GTI - questions

"As they say, some cars end up being labeled "Chic" cars. Ford Probe. Nissan 240. Beetle. New." ____________________________________________________ I think these cars are pretty chic also, I just don't like the people who call them "chick" cars. :rolleyes: I'm also glad to learn from this...
  6. B

Socialized Medicine

"Your pension is pretty generous. I'm still under the old federal civil service plan, and I receive 76.25% for 40 years. It's not 2% for every year; you get stiffed in the first few years. That's before the 10% reduction survivor benefits for your wife, if you so choose. And we use high 3. So...
  7. B

What Cell Phone Are You Rocking?

Nine year old Samsung flip phone. :)
  8. B

Request Spanish translation help on QC slip

My GTI wasn't pre-delivery inspected (PDI) very well, I keep finding different things not done or left in. The spacers for the springs were removed though. I've had the car for 10 months, and am very happy with it. I found this quality control slip from the factory in Mexico, and was...
  9. B

Any gardeners on here?

You USA guys need to remember that in Merry Olde, garden usually means lawn and flower beds, not pole beans and okra.