GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by builtospill

1. builtospill

2019 GTI Oil Change

I’ve been doing the 5w-40 vw spec oil on my 2019 last changes just because the 0w-20 has shot up in price and is never on sale at ECS. Can’t imagine its bad since 5w-40 was the original spec before they did refresh on mk7? Same engine.
  2. builtospill

Helix subwoofer/DSP and Focal IS VW 155 - do not recommend

I had the misfortune of installing the Focal speakers in the front on a previous VW that I had Helix sound box installed in and the subwoofer stopped working and the audio in general sound like poop. Was almost like the amp of the Helix went into some sort of protection mode or something. I had...
  3. builtospill

3G shutdowns and emergency systems

I got a letter from VWoA saying they are going to replace the telematics module, but because of the chip shortage the upgrade is not available yet. Got the letter in mail few weeks ago.
  4. builtospill

Arteon Style Blind Spot Mirror Cap Installation

Is it easy to get those mirror caps on and off?
  5. builtospill

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

I also uploaded a backup of my V7 maps to that mibsolution.one website. Its listed under the Submit>maps directory if anyone wants to play with that.
  6. builtospill

I initially got an invalid card error when I updated my card. I retransfered again, deleted more SDS folders to make it fit and it worked. I was also able to put my old maps back on and it worked fine. I have another map SD card that i’ve formated and copied maps onto and it works fine with any...
  7. builtospill

I downloaded MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF.7z from that MIB website. The un-archived .7z file is about 16 GB, I was expecting it to be closer to 32GB since the V11 SD card comes on 32GB size card, or do they just not use all the 32GB of space on the OEM card? However, I was able to...
  8. builtospill

MIB3 ?

I wonder how easy retrofitting that new MIB3 into my 2019 Autobahn will be. 2021 model will have that same 8" glass screen?
  9. builtospill

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

Just ordered a 0w-20 508 spec oil kit from ECS, wasn’t that much more than the 5w-40. Ordered the OEM vw oil ($7.12 usd a quart). Also noticed my 2019 GTI consumed oil, level is at the very bottom of hashmark on dipstick, this is at 5k and car is around 24k old. A first for me, this is my 3rd VW.
  10. builtospill

Anyone do DQ381 7-speed DSG fluid change yet?

They must line that pleated filter with gold leafing inside? $57, damn haha. Thx for link to that DAP kit though!
  11. builtospill

Anyone do DQ381 7-speed DSG fluid change yet?

Hey, has anyone out there done a DSG service on the 7-speed DQ381 that comes on the 2018+ Golf R and 2019+ GTI? Is it the same filter and fluid as the 6 speed DSG on MK7 Golf? Same temperture and fill snorkel procedure as well? No one has posted a handy DIY video on YouTube yet.
  12. builtospill

"Check license plate light"

DeAutokey is sketch af, do your research before buying bulbs before shelling out $50 for a set of LED's that cost $5 haha. I hate their hype on their website that they're products are so superior as if they design and manufacture the parts. :confused:
  13. builtospill

Moisture issue in rear doors after rain

Like that but also with fine condensation all throughout like the moisture has no where to go.
  14. builtospill

Moisture issue in rear doors after rain

Good to know, as long as the water doesn't get into cabin on rear passenger I guess, haha.