GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BudgetPhoenix

1. B

I'm also one of those "slowly losing coolant" people

My slow coolant leak was also the turbo coolant line hose adapter. At first it was slow enough that it would burn off before hitting the ground and just looked grimey back there. Just fixed it last week with the EMD billet version. No more leaks!
  2. B

Intercooler recommendation

yes I am an aliexpress twin cooler degenerate
  3. B

Traded in my GTI because it needed a turbo replacement

Congrats on new ride. How much did you get on your trade in?
  4. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

I have a set of BBS RG-R 17x8s +35 Diamond Black that I absolutely love. I think they are a hair over 17lbs. They are 10-15 years old now and quite salty at this point though lots of little chips etc.
  5. B

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

Just got it in the mail and did the job. Not too bad! I didnt remove the coil pack harness or anything just popped the top of the hose off and pulled the old one out with the lower still attached. Lost about a half liter of coolant and it all fell nicely into the drip pan. I did halfway pierce...
  6. B

Whats funny is I bought the billet coolant adapter last week just as insurance before I even noticed this lol. I bought a little parts cleaner brush so I can get down in there and clean up all the oil crud with some degreaser and solvent too. I have 1L of premixed coolant already hopefully that...
  7. B

This just hit me too. Bought one of the metal ones. Didnt get a replacement hose though hoping I can get by.
  8. B

Head Gasket Needs Replacing? Or is this the Valve Cover?

You should be g2g a lot ea888 engines weep oil down the spark plug holes and your's is barely doing it. Id be more worried about finding oil on the electrode side or in the cyl
  9. B

WTB: DG Springs for 2017 Golf TSi

Murrieta VW often has stuff for a lil cheaper. Dont forget about the 15% rebate for VW parts I did this when I got my DG springs last year. https://parts.vwofmurrieta.com/p/Volkswagen__Golf/Sport-Suspension-Kit/53175668/5G4071677E.html https://www.vwserviceandparts.com/vw-accessory-rebate/
  10. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Was doing an oil change last night, I accidentally let the 5L jug slip and spilled oil all over my engine and onto the turbo....that was fun.
  11. B

Rms leak or timing chain cover gasket?

Had a gen 1 ea888 2.0t that had a leak like this from the upper timing cover gasket.
  12. B

Issue with removing spark plug - something concerning possibly found

I wonder if you could suck it up with a strong vacuum and a tight seal as well
  13. B

Issue with removing spark plug - something concerning possibly found

You got a close up focus lol? I cant really see anything. Only thing I can imagine getting down there is oil and sealant from the cam cover.
  14. B

E30 self tuning maestro 7

Eurodyne's custom tuning software