GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by btscott

1. B

4 Years And 14700 Miles. Maintenance?

I have a 2018 Golf R 6 speed. I do all the work my self. Obviously low mileage with only 14700 miles in 4 years. Have done my oil changes yearly. Did my brake flush last year. Spark plugs and coils have been changed last year. Any other required maintenance I should be doing? Am I due for a...
  2. B

Conti's Gone Back On Michelin PSS

2018 Golf R... What a piece of shit tire the stock Continentals are. They lasted just over 12,000 miles and were the worst riding tire I've ever owned. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with car. Got an alignment, wheels re-balanced. Thought DCC wasn't working any longer. Turned out to be just...
  3. B

DCC Problems and Some Other Errors Codes

Okay, thanks. Will remove JB4 and take it to dealership as its still under warranty.
  4. B

Battery was 12.0 not running Cold crank 9.8 14.0 running
  5. B

Got it, thanks.
  6. B

Thanks, will clear them and check the battery. Anyone had problems with DCC?
  7. B

2018 Golf R. Would appreciate any thoughts on how to make sure DCC is working. Usually would get that "floaty" feel when in comfort mode, but not lately. Also getting a lot of wobble at high speeds on freeway. Between 50-80 mph. Did an alignment and that didn't fix it. Will get tires balanced...
  8. B

SD card for music - how to organize/ access folders?

SD Slot 2 is the correct one. As far as cards, I did have trouble with 256 GB PNY Elite Performance. Switched to 256 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro and problems went away. Now using a 512 GB Extreme Pro and still no problems.
  9. B

GTI to Golf R?

Don't care about the tach an speed, but nice to be able to have Nav in front of you or album covers, etc...
  10. B

GTI to Golf R?

Went from 2015 GTI Autobahn w/ PP to 2018 R. MT for both. Enjoyed the GTI, but R is so much more a better car. Especially with the digital dashboard on the 18. Only real negative difference was the turning radius, but really not a big deal. Miss the sunroof a little, but again not a big deal.
  11. B

New owner MK7.5

2020? GTI or R??
  12. B

Golf R Cylinder 3 Misfire

Thank you for that. Appreciate your feeback.
  13. B

I stand by what I said though... what are you adding to this dialog? Something about tuning Fords??
  14. B

Confused, you said you were not tuned. Sorry if I missed something. Are you tuned? You said you were not as you were worried about your warranty??