GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by brownnugen

1. B

VAS 5054A and D-Link DUB-E100 and radio removal tools for rent $20, plus shipping

Yes, but likely not until mid-July as I just rented it to another person on this group.
  2. B

VAS 5054A and D-Link DUB-E100 and radio removal tools for rent $20, plus shipping

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I try to make this as simple as possible so everyone is happy.
  3. B

bump for those still looking to do the conversion.
  4. B

If you are looking to make the conversion from MIB1 to MIB2, these are the tools you will need to allow the person of your choice to remote in and remove the Component Protection and add the car-connect program to make everything work. Asking $20/week plus the cost of shipping both way as...
  5. B

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Simaservis performed his magic for me last weekend and it took about an hour. Everything is working well and I am glad I did the conversion. Carplay is a really nice feature to have. Teamviewer is the program you need to download so he can work on your stuff remotely. Having said that I...
  6. B

I just received VAS 5054A and D-Link DUB-E100 today, so I think I have everything needed before calling simaservis to do his magic. I currently still have the bezel and other trim pieces off the car and in a box; can I go ahead and put those back on or will I need to keep those off until after...
  7. B

I routed the new USB/aux wires this morning and it was pretty straight forward, so I was able to verify Carplay does work (until I get CP removed). With the Apple lightning cable plugged into the USB and the thickness of the cable, are you able to shut the door of that center console? Or do...
  8. B

Nothing coded yet. Is there anything else I should check while I am waiting for a few other things?
  9. B

Ok, so I received my 6.5" display and MIB2 head unit and installed them into my car just to make sure things are working. The component protection is activated so I am very limited things I can do to test it out. I was able to set up my connect my phone to the head unit and make calls via...
  10. B

SOLD

Sent you a PM.
  11. B

I just ordered a 6.5" display from a GTI on ebay and a head unit "brain" from a Tiguan. Would you recommend this USB wiring harness from aliexpress...