GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Boyfrom64

1. Boyfrom64

Golf GTE

Does anyone have a Golf GTE or driven one? If you are a company car driver, have you considered a GTE?
  2. Boyfrom64

Company car drivers, why did you chose a GTD

I am interested to see the reasons why other company car drivers have chosen a GTD / GTI (not sure there will be many with a GTI) as their company car. I inherited a Mercedes C Class C200 as my company car. There is generally nothing majorly wrong with the car, apart from it not a car that...
  3. Boyfrom64

Roof boxes

I am looking to learn if anyone uses a roof box with their GTD? If you do use a roof box, did you go with an VW OEM box or another manufacturers box? What influenced your decision?
  4. Boyfrom64

What hobbies do you have

Wow that is some distance. The most I have ridden in one ride todate is 70 miles. My target is to ride 100 miles.
  5. Boyfrom64

What hobbies do you have

My hobby is cycling. I have always been keen on sports. I played football (soccer if you are American) from a young age until I became too old and slow. To try and keep fit I started running until I was told by my doctor that I had to stop due to problems with my left knee, which is when I...
  6. Boyfrom64

Why would you not have a DSG gearbox

I cannot wait to get back to having a DSG box. I had one previously in a CC and it was a joy. I realise that being a high mileage driver who can spend a lot of time in stop-start traffic that these conditions have an influence. however, when you get use to using a DSG box, then acceleration...
  7. Boyfrom64

Cracked alloy wheel

I am very much hoping that the answer to the following question is a no. As anyone ever experienced a cracked alloy wheel, either for an 18" rim or a 19" rim? The reason why I ask, is that my current car, BM320d Coupe has 19" alloys, running run flat tyres with a low profile. Since inheriting...
  8. Boyfrom64

Specification of my GTD sorted I just need to get work to place the order

I have sorted the specification of my GTD: 5 door GTD Carbon Grey DSG Discover Pro Sat Nav DCC High Beam Assist Winter Pack Now all I need to do is get my company to place the order and I can sit back and wait and wait and wait.........
  9. Boyfrom64

48 hour test drive

I have just taken delivery of a 5 door GTD which I have on demo for 48 hours. I will be taking the car on Motorway, A roads and B roads to give it a good test. Whilst the car does not have all the options I am looking at is there anything suggestions that I should test out whilst I have the car?
  10. Boyfrom64

Park assist

For those who have this feature fitted to their cars, in reality how often do use it? If you were building your car again, would you not add the option the second time around? If you never added the option to your current car, would you added it to your next?
  11. Boyfrom64

Panormaic sunroof

New member, looking at coming back to VW from the dark side. I am currently driving a BM 3 series M Sport Coupe, which I was given when I joined the business at the end of last year. I have finally made my mind up about my next car, which is going to be a GTD. Looking at the options I will...