GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Bigsmallguy

1. B

Kind of over it

Yep. Being a 17’ model , and that weird intermittent crank synch code that came up on a scan, has me a little worried. Might get the crank angles measured to see if it’s in spec
  2. B

Kind of over it

Lol yep I got weird crankshaft synchronization codes and oil temp codes, all intermittent though. I guess the crank walk are slightly different crank codes and oil pressure not temp codes. But I have really weird overall MT problems, my previous car was a VW golf tsi base (Not GTI). My current...
  3. B

Kind of over it

I just g I just got the crank synch codes, but they were intermittent. Just P033F. No oil pressure codes, but did get oil temp sensor codes. All were intermittent so CEL never came on but scanner shows they popped up once or twice. You’re saying your crank sync codes led to crank walk? I know...
  4. B

OBDELEVEN scans

Hey how’d it go? I have the same codes, worried about crankshaft problems leading to crank walk, via the crank starting to maybe move possibly causing the code
  5. B

Loss of Crankshaft Synchronization

I just got the same crank shaft synchronize codes, but they were intermittent. My mechanic saw them once he scanned for changing my spark plugs. Also no oil pressure codes, but had one oil temp signal code and one oil temp implausible code. All these are intermittent the CEL never came on, just...
  6. B

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

Did you have a tune? Used car warranty here
  7. B

P00AF00 Wastegate

Did you remap tune back to stock? And did dealer notice? Also were you within powertrain warranty? Just had the code pop up… :/
  8. B

Control Arm/Strt/ Alignment off Camber(0.5 dgre) Caster(1.1 dgre), Advice?

Gotcha thanks! I was thinking it might be the control arm(s) too, bc there’s clicking randomly, occasionally random weird but not extreme noises. Just when I’m driving, it feels like my front left control arm is completely unstable, it feels like a lot of play/instability is in the front left...
  9. B

Gotcha thanks! Rough idea approximate price range? I live near Ventura County/LA , CA. Also, you really don’t think it’s struts or control arms? I’m scared to drive if it’s bad lol. I’ve hit a few potholes at night, the roads in LA are terrible you truly can’t see them sometimes. But the...
  10. B

Hello All, Stock suspension. Photo of alignment attached. My 17’ GTI Seems to have been in an undisclosed accident by the previous owner, for he replaced the front grill and radiator weirdly at 10k mi. So after a few months I had it checked and my alignment was about 0.5 degrees off, but just a...
  11. B

Manual transmission clunky sounds

Just motor or also trans/ dog one mounts?
  12. B

Skid plates and my MK7 Golf Auto

How are oil changes with the area? Just remove some bolts?
  13. B

Skid plates and my MK7 Golf Auto

How are oil changes with the area? Just remove some bolts?
  14. B

How long has your performance clutch like sachs lasted?

Okay when rev matching, I just give it a little gas as I’m releasing the clutch to engage the downshifting gear. That way when the clutch is released and engaging the gear, revs are slightly higher. Or I’m not sure if rev matching is when you’re supposed to put clutch in -give gas but don’t...
  15. B

How long has your performance clutch like sachs lasted?

Nice gotcha. Ya I feel like these performance clutches are meant to last a good while while handling power. I just got a basic sacks performance clutch nothing crazy so I feel confident in its durability