GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bfury5

1. bfury5

Basic Suspension Install Kit - Part Numbers

https://parts.vw.com is a good place to start for finding part numbers
  2. bfury5

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

I use R4S all the way around for Autox duty, been very happy with them. Like you said, nice that the R4 is an easy switch for trackdays too. Plus, their SCCA discount is absurd.
  3. bfury5

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

Porterfield makes their R4 and R4S for the rear of a non-pp GTI. Just another option
  4. bfury5

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Do you think there's any chance of repositioning where the endlink attaches to the strut? Would moving the endlink down the strut get you more clearance to the fenderwell? Obviously that would require a shorter endlink and a hole in the strut, but just wondering. Or as @Mini7 mentioned, shaving...
  5. bfury5

I forget if it's been mentioned (I think it has) but any chance at improving that t ont camber? That'll make a huge difference in front end grip
  6. bfury5

Suspension help!!!

How many miles on the stock dampers? They might be shot.
  7. bfury5

My guess is you'll have to run some pretty aggressive toe in the rear in addition to the bar to get the rotation. I get the "less front roll = more front grip" but I think in stock class, you're still fighting the rear more than the front. I would argue that a lot of us in the thread are...
  8. bfury5

Woops forgot to mention, I'm also running A052
  9. bfury5

That makes sense. You'll also be decreasing the slip angle of the tire at higher pressures which could make the tire feel more edgy. Are you planning to use the pressure to test if you want to move to a higher springrate? I typically run 37 front and 34 rear. I'll bleed down the rears as they...
  10. bfury5

I tried playing with pressures on my tires (A052) and was able to get more grip out with lower pressures. Turn in wasn't affected too much, but I started to see noticeable wear after a few runs on the outside shoulder (even with -3.2 camber) after just a few runs so I bumped it back up. With the...
  11. bfury5

This is one of the changes I'm contemplating for next year, however as has been said a bunch of places I'm going to toe-out in the rear (because free) and see how that goes first. At this point, my car isn't understeering if I can remember to drive it correctly, so I'm focusing more on my...
  12. bfury5

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I have the BC racing ones that came with my kit, they aren't rubbing that I know of (haven't checked recently, but haven't had any issues in the last 7 months). FWIW I think my endlinks are installed in the OEM orientation, not what BC recommended
  13. bfury5

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Not sure what your goals are for low-speed, but that sounds like a solid path forward. Especially with your plan to move to take-off slicks (if I remember correctly). Besides adding low-speed compression, it sounds like you're just shifting the adjustment range on your shock (which, again, given...
  14. bfury5

Turbo Shop in southern westchester/Connecticut area

Not sure where you are, but Excelerate is near Stratford in Branford. They're a go-to VW/Audi shop for a lot of guys in CT.
  15. bfury5

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Will it be a low-speed compression / damping change only?