GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bfury5

1. bfury5

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Curious about the reverse stagger setup, +1 vote from me. I'm still considering it for autox but tire availability caught me out early this year
  2. bfury5

WTB 312mm Non-PP Rotors

Rockauto, PN 12533098. Those are centric blank rotors, ~$50 per piece. I've used like 4 sets of those and they never disappoint, seem to be the best cost/quality value I've found. The center hats of those are black e-coated for corrosion so they don't rust like the OEM ones.
  3. bfury5

Cup 2 Connect wear/grip update

The more camber the better! 225 would be solid with the 8" rim, 235 would probably bulge a bit. Hope you get your hands on them and enjoy!
  4. bfury5

My mistake, first post said -2.2deg camber. What rim width are you running? If you have an 8.5" I'd say 235 max is probably good, 225 would probably be slightly more crisp. Also an FYI some sizes are on super backorder right now from TireRack
  5. bfury5

A052 are great, tons of grip. At 2.2deg of camber the outer edge wear will definitely dictate how long they last. Not sure of your wheel width, but I'd recommend a bit of a stretch on the tire. The sidewall is hilariously soft, so putting more rim under it for support helps turn-in and the...
  6. bfury5

How would you re-gear your car if you could?

2nd is too tall for autox? The fact I can spin ~74mph and never have to shift at autox is gold, especially compared to the Civics where 2nd tops out in the mid 50s.
  7. bfury5

WFox's Autocross Journal

General experience in the autox community says that a proper 200tw tire is worth ~2-3 seconds over a 300tw tire on a 60sec course, all else equal. They make a huuuge difference. The proper 200tw tires are great, but they can also hide a lot of bad tendencies behind a wall of grip (general...
  8. bfury5

I think I am doing autocross wrong

Agreed with others - car looks pretty unsettled before you've even turned into the first cone. A dab of brake before that gate (before the slalom) would've set you up tight on that cone and better lined up to enter the slalom at a slower speed
  9. bfury5

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Good plan of attack. It's a solid starting point to make changes from
  10. bfury5

I originally set my rear camber based on tire wear. At -1.9 I've had even wear across the the tread
  11. bfury5

I didn't try all of them, once I found out they could be turned off I went that route. That's just personal preference though, as the only variable now is my right foot and not if/when and to what degree any sort of limiter intervenes. I probably made it more difficult for myself but I preferred...
  12. bfury5

I have similar on-throttle massive push if I'm on the throttle too early in a sweeper. I chalked it up to no-lsd, and I'm learning how to carry more speed through the corner to compensate I have everything possible turned off, I found that with certain things on if you accidentally induce tire...
  13. bfury5

I mean some companies make adjustable spring perches that fit onto "stock" style struts.
  14. bfury5

Maybe adjustable spring perches on the Konis?
  15. bfury5

As expected, that makes sense for a GS car with limited camber and a likely aggressive tire pinch.