GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bfury5

1. bfury5

Porsche boxster 4 piston brakes (NQSBBK) fitted on MK7 GTi.

I believe the threads on the banjo bolt are different between the stock caliper and the brembo caliper (M10x1.0 vs M10x1.5) - I ordered the ones from Apikol and didn't have issues. As long as you have the right bolt, stock lines can be re-used.
  2. bfury5

Want more front camber? Powerflex Bushings is the Answer!

I used the powerflex front and rs3 rear for about 9k miles, and had no squeaking at all. They were always silent. Lube them up good during install and make sure they're torqued properly and you shouldn't have any issues
  3. bfury5

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

It's worth mentioning as well that the *correct* way usually also involves helper springs and/or low rate springs to manage the split between bump and droop, without needing to reduce the primary spring rate. With only a single linear spring, your springrate and corner weight will be the only...
  4. bfury5

Coilover noises

I would for sure order new springs, equivalent rate, with less # of coils, and see if that helps. As David said, the amount of coils on those springs leave so little travel before bind. A lot of folks have run an equivalent type kit like this on these platforms without issue, so I'm hesitant to...
  5. bfury5

fwiw I found that the pillow ball bearings on the camber plates got a little quiet as the wore in. It looks like you have the newer "Standard" kit and not the BC-based one, so the plates are probably different. I had some crashing like that initially, but most of it went away once I re-tightened...
  6. bfury5

somewhere in this thread are the pictures of the access holes I drilled for mine. edit: found the original picture, here ya go
  7. bfury5

Co-drivers are the best way to get faster. I love co-driving with really fast people to compare how we build speed / time differently over a course. It's really interesting to see how some people carry speed vs others
  8. bfury5

best option for more camber

Front bushings are super easy to press out, since mostly rubber and have shoulders on them to keep them in place. rear is a PITA since it's a metal cup you have to push out, and have to press it in at the correct depth (or it falls out the other side). I managed to do mine with a vise and a...
  9. bfury5

Yeah powerflex is correct here. I ordered from FCP euro despite them "not fititng" on the website.
  10. bfury5

New Autox/Track/Weekend car?

Another local guy just got a spyder and was in the same predicament. He went with the BC forged option, but man are they spendy
  11. bfury5

New Autox/Track/Weekend car?

Looks beautiful, excited to see it out this summer!
  12. bfury5

Fronts on the redshift are not inverted, and didn't seem to be an issue in practice. I had -3.2 with the redshift coils and camber plates max'd. No issues with DD or tire wear. The difference between -3.2 and -3.6 (after adding the front offset bushings) is very noticeable. You have so much more...
  13. bfury5

Once the 255s are worn, throw a set of 245s on the 17x9s. You should see better wear and similar alternate grip. The yoks are super soft and prefer a bit of a stretch. And +1 on that last point - consistent seat time is key! Regardless of improvement, hope it's fun