GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Bernb6

1. Bernb6

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Will, I appreciate your help in guiding me as I learned to track my own GTI this past year. Best of luck in the GR86. Bern
  2. Bernb6

My right rear was rubbing on both the fender liner as well as the gas filler under very gentle...

My right rear was rubbing on both the fender liner as well as the gas filler under very gentle driving. I wouldn't know for sure if these were OK until some high speed maneuvers so I think I still need to pass on them.
  3. Bernb6

Will, to close the loop on the wheels, I don't think I can use them because of the RS4s. I...

Will, to close the loop on the wheels, I don't think I can use them because of the RS4s. I wasn't able to use the 245/40-18s I bought and, even thought the 17" are an inch smaller diameter, I am afraid they would still rub on my setup. Good luck with them, Bern
  4. Bernb6

Why Stoptech ST40 - 3 minute pad changes plus fluid flush

I've been using Pagid Yellow RS29's for years and am happy with them. I ordered my last set from Zeckhausen for about $360. Bern
  5. Bernb6

I beg to differ. If you've rebuilt a caliper, it's clear there is little to no void behind the pistons and the through ports are quite small diameter.
  6. Bernb6

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Laguna Seca Laptime: 1:55 (previous session), 1:56 below Estimated ambient temperature: 60-75F Year/model: 2017 GTI Estimated total vehicle weight with driver & passenger: 3300 Estimated wheel horsepower: 300 Fuel: 91 Notes on setup: Power train: 034 Stage 2, DSG tune, Racingline oil cooler...
  7. Bernb6

Scrllock, IMHO if there's no issue with air in the system, there's no need to bleed the inside valve using this method since this method evacuates all fluid in all cylinders. OTOH, there's no harm in doing so. If you're flushing the system in the normal process, then you do need to use the...
  8. Bernb6

Norm, I just use the outside bleeder valve. As long as you've reasonable compressed both sides, all the fluid will be evacuated since the inside is linked to the outside. If you want to be doubly sure, compress one side, then the other, then the first again. Bern
  9. Bernb6

I've used ST40's for a number of years, several years on a Cayman and over the past year on my 2017 GTI. I love the pedal feel, etc. but want to talk about how easy it is to change pads and flush brake fluid. So I made this short video. Truly, three minutes to change the pads and flush fluid...
  10. Bernb6

200tw tires for Track use

Lowering springs and -2.5 camber.
  11. Bernb6

Stoptech ST40/328mm BBK

I'm not doubting the report but there must be more to this story about glowing rotors. You actually don't want the heat going into the calipers - that tends to boil the fluid (ask me how I know). First, to Daily Driver's question: yes, there are performance differences but, frankly, you need...
  12. Bernb6

200tw tires for Track use

RT660 245/40/18s are unusable on my GTI. I've run this size in Nitto NT-01 and Hankook RS4 with no problem. But the RT660s wore through a fender liner in about 20 miles. My shop will be putting RS4s on next week. Anyone want a set of near new RT660s? Bern
  13. Bernb6

Track name: Thunderhill with NCRC Laptime: 2:08 The track was nearly empty - two cars visible about 20 seconds ahead - and my tires were shot. In fact, I'd swapped the Nitto NT-01 fronts and rears just before this session because the fronts were completely bald. A friend was coaching from...
  14. Bernb6

Track name: Sonoma Lap time: 1:55.8 At Sonoma with Corsa Club. Nice cool day and a good time chasing Supra and Mustang. Two videos posted: and Bern Estimated ambient temperature: 60-75F Year/model: 2017 GTI Estimated total vehicle weight with driver & passenger: 3300 Estimated wheel...