GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by berfles

1. B

Need help with Unitronic fast

I was actually able to flash no problem last night after letting the battery sit disconnected after I made this post. Thanks for the help, I was a bit panicked there.
  2. B

Yeah after I posted that last night I realized I was moving my key fob (I have a strong magnet quick release) around and it likely got close enough to the magnet to think the lid shut... I recently changed closing the lid to shut down since Windows sucks so bad with sleeping and my laptop is...
  3. B

Might just do that... I unplugged the battery but thats good to know, I don't know what happened to my laptop, it had plenty of battery. Thanks guys.
  4. B

I will try that. I did just try to start the car and it started fine and I'm able to drive it around the block, so I'm not sure if that's good I did that or not. There was a message saying if it didn't get sorted in 4 hours something bad would essentially happen, if it starts and runs right now...
  5. B

So I was trying to flash my car back to stock and my POS laptop shut off out of nowhere when it was ready for me to turn the ignition on and off. Now every time I try to recover it's telling me "The data is invalid" and it won't flash anything else. Any ideas since they're closed? I don't know...
  6. B

Fuel pump dying?

I've noticed some jerky engine response while puttering around in 1st and 2nd, like bucking. Tonight in the snow I was sitting in my car to let it warm up, and it was running for about 5 minutes before it shut off. I started it back up and it ran for about 10 seconds before dying again and then...
  7. B

Charge pipe question... Regarding thermostat replacement

Are charge pipes a PITA to install without a lift?
  8. B

Charge pipe question... Regarding thermostat replacement

Long story short, car dumping coolant due to a known thermostat leak. Yay. Took it to a shop, one of the bolts on the charge pipe was stripped, likely either from them or the VW dealership I took it to years ago after hitting an animal. It is what it is. They had to cut the bracket in the...
  9. B

Unitronic Stage 2 inspection woes

Yeah I pushed the clip in there but it still moved around... And this was the middle sized insert, not the largest... I realized the post above said middle but I think that meant the middle one in the photo, not the middle size.
  10. B

Ok, so a bit of a resurrection as I finally got the tools I needed. Removing was pretty simple with a wobble extension, but I have questions about the actual install as I've never messed with these before. Obviously the sensor threads into the actual spacer, but then the little restrictors...
  11. B

Armrest cracking in '16 SE

What are my options here? I've never redone an armrest before. I hate the fake leather they use in cars now.
  12. B

The Unitronic uses the same location as stock as far as I know... I can feel it from the top, so I'm hoping I can get to it that way. Didn't think about taking the wheel area apart, that could work too. I just need to get under it and feel around from above when it's not hot so I can get a gauge...
  13. B

Thanks guys, got it from EMD as the Canadian place wanted $20 to ship. Should be here Monday. I wonder what the odds are that I can get to this thing from the top of the car, due the to positioning of it there's no way to do it from the bottom without half unbolting the DP, and that's not going...
  14. B

Ok so coming back to this, is there a link to the exact straight spacer I need? The spacer thread says the one he recommended was discontinued unless I just missed another one somewhere in that thread. Also, from what I remember, the O2 sensor is facing more up into the car so this doesn't...
  15. B

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

All I have is the Uni DP and stock exhaust and it added just enough for me 🤷‍♂️