GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bentin

1. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Please hold...
  2. B

It is funny that many racks block plates, but it's also illegal to relocate the plate to make it clear. In Germany, when you run a rack, you just mount the plate to the end of the rack, but most states require the plate to be affixed to the car.
  3. B

GTI to Golf R?

Just have them load up the pad and turn the buffer on without putting it on the paint.
  4. B

GTI to Golf R?

I just respond with 'I've got a chair and some beer, you can use my stuff and I'll boss you around.' I've had one person take me up on it.
  5. B

TURBO FRS/BRZ vs IS20 GTI

6. B

GTI to Golf R?

You invent it, you'll be rich. As it stands, you just sort of work on assumptions that primer, color and clear are a nominal thickness, therefore, you don't want to remove more than a set amount without disrupting the clear. I freaking love solid stage, single coat paint with no clear for...
  7. B

GTI to Golf R?

Most body shops run a paint thickness gauge over the whole car before starting work. As a casual car detailer, I do before starting work on a car. Primarily it's to know that I have enough paint to safely do corrections, but it's also nice to know where you're dealing with factory paint vs...
  8. B

GTI to Golf R?

Years ago when we bought a B5.5 A4, it clearly had a door damaged at the port and one door was clearly a different shade than the rest of the car. The dealer body shop fixed it much better, but it still sucked to have a new car that required paint right from the start. It was a car we'd...
  9. B

GTI to Golf R?

Oh, it's pretty much impossible with metallic or pearl, that's why body shops prefer to blend into adjacent panels, just to ease the transition. Of course that also makes it super easy to detect repair work with a $50 paint thickness gun. Even matching solid color paint is very hard...
  10. B

Fair, but Hondas have a Pringles for brake rotors. Actually using Honda brakes warps them. Torque to whatever, your brakes still suck.
  11. B

Sea Suckers

One of my neighbors uses one on a Tesla, so glass roofs seem fine.
  12. B

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Does Waze even work anymore? Google seems to have kneecapped it in favor of regular gMaps. And gMaps now shows cops with an icon that took me a few weeks to realize was actually a cop.
  13. B

Just saying you guys have your own special wack.
  14. B

Are radar detectors still illegal in VA?
  15. B

Sea Suckers

Fair enough, welcome, and congrats on the best Mk7 color, car and bike look great.