GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bentin

1. B

New MK8 GTI or preowned MK7.5 Golf R?

I don't know, but I know how @KevinC would feel about that. I also know that I still yell 'boobs" every time I see a Mk5. Those tails are just awful.
  2. B

You'll all own one. I still think the Mk6 looks better than the Mk7.
  3. B

Especially from VW USA, who always seems a way to mess up what VW intended.
  4. B

Yeah, a CPO '18 or '19 R is going to be just a little cheaper than getting a 2022, which has a better turbo, better awd and looks better (yep, I said it.) I'd get a 2022 manual R. But I'd drive a manual twenty year old Tercel before a DSG anything, so there's that.
  5. B

June issue Car and Driver magazine Mark 8 on the cover!

Something wrong with it currently? VW paint is generally better than any Japanese or Korean brand, the Domestics and not really any better or worse than BMW, MB or the rest of VWG. A blocky front end is going to get rock chips, that’s not really the paint’s fault.
  6. B

June issue Car and Driver magazine Mark 8 on the cover!

We clearly can't be friends.
  7. B

► Official APEX VW Wheel Thread

Same, looks good to me. The two tone window tint though, oof.
  8. B

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Maybe I'm not patient enough, I just always find that I've got to spend a few seconds spinning it around to just figure out where it's focused and then a few more seconds actually clicking on what I wanted. But some of it is a function of older, smaller touch/non-touch screens too. I'd hate to...
  9. B

Because touch screens are better. But they've still got the knob. I think processing power has made it acceptable. But there's still nothing more frustrating that using CarPlay or Andriod Auto with a stupid click wheel.
  10. B

24mm superpro rear swaybar

Still would work on an R, all 4 Motion Golfs have the same rear subframe, and it would be a slight improvement over the stock, hollow bar. But you're still about two Texas cities apart from each other.
  11. B

2022 Golf R - 315HP 310lb/ft TQ

You're actually correct, except Toyota, they haven't joined the party (yet.)
  12. B

I'd gladly accept that. Sort of odd that phones don't do that anyway.
  13. B

People are freaking out about a vaccine, you shut their phones off and they'll storm the capital. Oh, wait...
  14. B

My mistake, it was 85mph speedos. Which led to some funnies like these: