GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by battle.munky

1. battle.munky

Are Golf’s reliable?

We have a 2017 GTI, zero issues so far. Fun as the day is long. Our daughter has a 2015 GTI and has had the water pump and thermostat housing replaced 4 times and she just hit 100k. She just found out too that she needs to have some suspension work done after hearing some crunching sound on...
  2. battle.munky

Rear view mirror shaking

My buddy had a CRX, same era, had the backseat that wasn't a backseat replaced with a speaker box wall of 10 10" subs...tiny car became a bass radiator. He couldn't keep a rearview mirror not that you could see through the wall anyhow. We figured it'd be a good idea to put it in my parent's...
  3. battle.munky

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

I dunno, I do like memes. Well, I do like pre-boomered up memes. The shit my mom sends me is either garbage or simply not funny. Always racist af.
  4. battle.munky

Anybody a video game junkie?

I couldn't wait for a PS5 and grabbed Far Cry 6 to play on the PS4. If you like FC series games, FC6 is definitely in that category. Same old FC feel with a few different mechanics and some new guns. It's good so far.
  5. battle.munky

How? I need one!
  6. battle.munky

I have one of every character and they each have their own pros & cons. Check out Moxsy's YouTube channel and he'll get you to the build that compliments your playstyle. There's a ton of options for playstyles. I do agree though that so much of the cut scenes are stupid but it ain't like...
  7. battle.munky

What did you do to your mk7 today?

First ever oil change on it just now @ 45k mi. I think we bought it around 42k.
  8. battle.munky

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

Reminds me of the DAP/Humble Mechanic "nitrous in the GTI" video. It didn't come apart, it just sweat out all its horsepower!
  9. battle.munky

Mk7 Vs. Mountain

Huntsville is pretty hilly and we enjoy that :)
  10. battle.munky

Mk7 Vs. Mountain

There were bikers all over the road last time I was there. I guess 110 degrees will back them off a bit. So many great views. I didn't have a GTI at the time but did enjoy killin' the rental car up it!
  11. battle.munky

Turbo flutter

Great article @AceHammer, thanks for posting that!
  12. battle.munky

Show us your MK7

If it was mine I'd find an envelope and enough stamps and you'd have it as soon (or late, lately) as the post office could get it to you. If you are serious, I'll ask her next time we're out her way. It's missing a bunch of stuff with the tranny being the most obvious. Well, we know where the...
  13. battle.munky

Show us your MK7

Ugh. Take up a new project or not? @Vesta Turan and I have been kicking around the possibility of trying to resto her mom’s beetle. It’s a massive amount of work, tons of parts missing and even more ignorance on top of it. And it’s over an hour away.