GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by back2brand

1. B

Hill Assist

It absolutely will stall regardless of how much gas you give it. Once it engages - based on the degree of incline - the brakes are solidly locked until it times out. No exceptions. Mine is a 2019 - perhaps you have an older model that was designed to release with gas/clutch.
  2. B

Hill Assist

As I understand it, when VW originally introduced this "feature", letting out the clutch would trigger the brakes to release. If that were still the case hill assist would not be particularly annoying. However, some genius decided to make the brake release time-based. You literally have to...
  3. B

Hill Assist

Thanks again to 2018GTI for the information about how to turn off hill assist entirely. Yesterday I tried out my new OBDeleven and cleared to two bits noted. It's a genuine pleasure to finally drive the car without the annoying hill assist! I also turned off the silly "soundaktor" while I was...
  4. B

*SOLD* 18 x 7.5 Austin Wheels Removed at Purchase

I’d really prefer local pickup, but since I have the original boxes for them I would consider shipping in the right circumstances. Please PM me if you’re interested.
  5. B

Y'all did see the OBO part, right? :) Having made the decision to sell these wheels I will certainly consider any reasonable offer.
  6. B

These are essentially new wheels. They came on my 2019 GTI when I purchased it new. I purchased optional VW wheels at the same time, so these Austin wheels were only on the car for as long as it took for the dealer to get them – about a week and less than 500 miles. As the photos show, there are...
  7. B

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Thanks for the responses. Mine is a manual transmission. It's always been in the "sport" mode even though I am a very conservative driver.
  8. B

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

This question probably belongs in this thread: If all other factors are unchanged (no change in driving habits, fuel, tires, etc) would switching between "normal", "sport", and "eco" driving modes make any difference whatsoever to fuel economy? Again, all other things being equal.
  9. B

Hill Assist

Thanks for that recommendation. Assuming I can teach myself to use it effectively, an OBDeleven might pay for itself in diagnosis alone.
  10. B

Hill Assist

Many thanks for all of the responses to my questions. I'll try to find someone locally that has both the hardware and knowledge to make the change that 2018gti explained. I'd really like to eliminate this annoyance in an otherwise great car.
  11. B

Hill Assist

I can see that this topic has been discussed in the past and apologize if my questions have already been answered. I find the hill assist feature of my 2019 GTI to be very annoying and would like to disable it. From earlier discussions on this forum, it doesn't look like it's possible to...
  12. B

Relative Fuel Economy

Again, thanks for all the responses. While collecting my own data to answer my specific 65mph vs 75mph highway cruising question is certainly possible, it's complicated by the fact that like most people my driving is a mix of highway and local. My local driving also routinely includes...
  13. B

Relative Fuel Economy

Many thanks for the responses - I guess my gut feeling was unduly optimistic. With $5 gas, I may give up some of that extra speed.
  14. B

Relative Fuel Economy

I have a 2019 GTI with a manual transmission and I typically run regular gas. Logically, I understand that the car will get less MPG cruising at 75mph compared to 65mph, but I'm curious about just how much of a difference that is. My gut feeling is that it's very minimal - maybe a half mile...