GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by avenali312

1. avenali312

Sold

Free bump 42 minutes after your last bump haha. Love the look of this intake, but alas, I upgraded to a group 48 battery and would have the same issue. GLWS!
  2. avenali312

What is the obsession with warranties?

I got $3,000 for it. It was a little over 10 years old with that mileage at the time. KBB value was around $4,200 I think. With the mileage getting up there, I was too paranoid to sell it privately because I'd feel bad if it decided to grenade the next week, so trade in made me feel a bit better...
  3. avenali312

Yeah, that was definitely running through my mind after the 1 year/12k miles warranty on the long block repair ran out. But, the car ended up being pretty rock solid after all that work. Ended up trading it in with 142k miles.
  4. avenali312

That's what was most crazy about that car. First HPFP was in the 30k range. Long block was replaced at 49,500 (dangerously close to the 50k cutoff for the warranty). Most of the major failures were very late.
  5. avenali312

This is wild. I try to not mess with my warranty after my somewhat lemon of an MKV FSI GTI. New long block, dual-mass flywheel, and a couple of HPFP would have cost me thousands out of pocket. Probably not a ton of cases like that, but I can be patient until at least the powertrain warranty...
  6. avenali312

LABOR DAY GIVEAWAY Discussion thread

This would be the motivation that I'd need to finally buy an AccessPort haha.
  7. avenali312

Project Red XIII: avenali312's OEM+ GTI

Received my second oil analysis from Blackstone. Finally, after two years, I have enough samples to make a small comparison haha. As a reminder, I don't drive that much anymore since my wife and I work at the same company and split the commute. Add to that this whole Covid-19 thing and working...
  8. avenali312

Oil temp 235

Removed mine for the same reason. Oil temps seem the same during daily driving. No tracking here, so I can't provide any info there.
  9. avenali312

Oil temp 235

On especially slow commutes during the warmer months here in Atlanta, I'll regularly see 235 in my DSG. These are the days where my infotainment is showing an average speed of 9 mph for the trip home haha.
  10. avenali312

Oil changes during covid

It's the bulk oil that my performance shop uses and recommended for how I use the car. Not overly concerned with it since I'm out of warranty at this point. We'll see how the report comes back. If it's noticeably worse, I'll bump up to Leichtlauf. I ran Rotella T6 in my MKV after warranty ran...
  11. avenali312

Oil changes during covid

Here's what sucks... I have no idea. It was a free oil change at the dealership for some poor warranty work that required me to return for a second visit. They didn't list the oil manufacturer on the work order, just that it was 5W40. By the time I thought to ask, they had already changed oil...
  12. avenali312

Oil changes during covid

I had my previous oil change sent into Blackstone for analysis asking a similar question. I don't cover 10k in a year, so I generally end up getting it changed due to time and not mileage. Here's what they had to say regarding that: "Thanks for the notes. We think this VW would do well with a...
  13. avenali312

Yup, I might lower the rest of them down to 5 psi like this one for optimal traction.
  14. avenali312

RIP DWS06. Definitely a leak as I could hear a hissing sound yesterday after getting the "Tire Pressure Loss" light on the dash. Probably road debris, but I can't see anything from the outside. Luckily, I do have road hazard on these, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.