GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by avenali312

1. avenali312

Project Red XIII: avenali312's OEM+ GTI

Perfect, thanks again!
  2. avenali312

Sorry, @golfdave ave. I have one more question about this. My Google searches are coming up empty. The part number listed for my car and the coolant tank is 5Q0121407T, but there is not indication if that tank includes the silica bag or not. All they really mention is the sensor is included. Do...
  3. avenali312

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Just to give some relative data on this since I was looking at mine last night, my 2015 GTI S (build date April or May of 2015, can't remember exactly) does have the item you're pointing to in the photo. It also has the silica bag in it.
  4. avenali312

BMP Tuning is the only official source for MST in the US, I think. Either way, it was a great buying experience, and I would highly recommend them even if you do find another place that has them. https://www.bmptuning.com/
  5. avenali312

Got it, thanks!
  6. avenali312

Hey Dave, is the expansion tank a simple item to remove and not mess with cooling system? I'd prefer to remove the bag with it installed since I would just be introducing the issue I'm trying to avoid haha. Is it possible to siphon out enough coolant to clear the tank and just remove it temporarily?
  7. avenali312

Similar experience here, though I daily my car (well mostly, my wife and I split commuting responsibilities, so it's driven every other day). New water pumps and thermostat in September, level has dropped from Max to a little above Min since then. My body paneling is dirty inside the engine...
  8. avenali312

sunvisor safety label

Might have to try this when I'm bored. I have some overspray on my visors as well from what I can only assume is some crazy glass cleaner the dealer that I bought it from had used. Maybe it will knock it all off haha. Are you all removing the visor from the headliner to do this, or just...
  9. avenali312

sunvisor safety label

Eventually when? In like a decade? Maybe. 5 years in the Georgia heat and humidity here and no signs of going anywhere.
  10. avenali312

Hey, finally an update! I got around to finding the intake setup that I felt fit well with my bigger, group 48 battery and went along with my OEM+ theme. The quality of the pieces from MST are very high and everything fit perfectly. While removing the PCV hose from the stock TIP was annoying...
  11. avenali312

Disable 'engine is running' beep

Correct. Sometimes I'll open my door when backing into my parking space at work to make sure it's tucked in as far as I can to prevent door dings. I've had the car for years and it seems impossible to turn this off. Also have mine set to "No Display." It also does nothing about the "Remove Key"...
  12. avenali312

Contact the good doctor when you need to. He's been booked up pretty consistently, so there is a wait time at this point haha. Edit: If you don't know who that is, just search the ATL MK7 group and you'll find him, or PM me.
  13. avenali312

Battery Dead - 19000 miles

I've seen a lot of similar posts. I decided to do the coding simply because I was going to a new battery size and type. Only took a few minutes with OBDeleven after watching Scott's (StealthGTI) YouTube video covering the topic. The problem I've had with both my MKV and MK7 is that there is...
  14. avenali312

Battery Dead - 19000 miles

While I totally agree on this (I went with a group 48 AGM from O'Reilly as a replacement), keep in mind it will limit some aftermarket intake options. Not important to everyone, but just a disclaimer. FWIW, my factory battery lasted a little over 4 years and a bit over 38k miles.
  15. avenali312

Talk me out of it...

Not sure if this changed past 2015, but my non-PP has LP.