GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by audio vicious

1. audio vicious

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Source: Trust me bro. REFERENCE: YOU TELL ME IT'S NOT.
  2. audio vicious

BC Racing clunking in rear?

I have the BC Racing BR coilovers on a Mk7 GTI. I've never been a fan of suspension work so I brought them to a friend to have done, but he was busy and someone else ended up doing them. The rear clunked initially, and he told me it'd settle down. The car doesn't move much these days, but it's...
  3. audio vicious

I installed mine and never used a custom plate of any kind. I did order some of the extra white clips from eBay just in case, even though I was able to get the previous ones off without breaking them.
  4. audio vicious

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

Glad I popped in to see this thread active again. I'm stage 2 EQT. I work from home so there might be a week the car doesn't move, and a lot of time when I do drive lately it's not been driven overly aggressively. I've got a pair of these sitting around for awhile: rs7 sparkplugs that I was...
  5. audio vicious

I've got one in my DSG, and it fits, but again, barely. I don't have the issue of the fin on the airbox rubbing that line. The alternator belt is maybe a little close to a line, but it looks closer than it is due to how it's shifted. I did follow the suggestion of scribing where the bolts for...
  6. audio vicious

EQT Vortex XL Spark Plugs.

Thought so, that's what I used last time. Thanks Diggs.
  7. audio vicious

EQT Vortex XL Spark Plugs.

Not to hijack anything, but I'm due a spark plug change and I know some things are hard to find, and we're already talking spark plugs. Recommendations for spark plugs for the EQT Stage 2 OTS tune, stock turbo if that wasn't obvious.
  8. audio vicious

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

I need to pass inspection, and I've passed before with a stage 2 EQT tune. If I remember correctly, my state allows one DTC, because I def passed stage 2 tuned last year, with no spacer. So I recently plugged the o2 sensor back in. Will it be a problem to run this long enough to set readiness on...
  9. audio vicious

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

What's weird is to me it felt like this before, but 2.51 seems to h ave smoothed out exactly what you're both explaining.
  10. audio vicious

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

I'm DSG and don't seem to have problems. I see LESS surge in those little movements than I did before. I'd say it's a little more linear down low. I even checked yesterday at blipping the pedal to downshift and had no issues. I may see a little more knock than 2.50, but it's been marginal in my...
  11. audio vicious

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

I guess I'll weigh in. There were a few spots I hit in my area from time to time where I'd have to slow down, then pick up, and I always got jerky surges at lower speeds. I haven't had that on 2.51, it seems to smooth out the jerk I had, and I'm on a stage 2 OTS tune from EQT with the most...
  12. audio vicious

What monitors to log?

I can't view that link, but I'm curious. Mind sharing?
  13. audio vicious

2016 GTI Transmission Error

For a direct replacement, no. Just go get a battery man.
  14. audio vicious

I don't think there was talk of different sizes when I ordered mine, but going back and looking, it'd seem I have the 66mm core version, which would explain why it was so damn big. I looked and the alternator pulley is a little close, but looks to have plenty of clearance, and I don't see that...
  15. audio vicious

To be fair I had an issue getting one on and I knew if there was a hose problem, it'd be that one. Surprise, it was. I spent a little more time getting it on properly and tightened it down more than I was able to before, I highly doubt it's going anywhere now. If it does, I'll just go back to...