GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by aroundomaha

1. A

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Good run! After running in Lincoln for a couple years it seems odd to see light poles on a course.
  2. A

2019 G Street Nationals Dashboard

@bfury5 Thanks for that perspective, and you are right. I like that my car weighs in under 3,000 pounds even with the DSG. Love the color, and everything about it. Even without an LSD the car has more capability than I can take advantage of right now. So I’ll start with things that bug me like...
  3. A

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

I just want to know who got close enough to Ron’s car to figure that out. Wonder if he does that to avoid having a rear bar? Did he swap the front and then get rotation by staggering his tire sizes?
  4. A

I’m with you on this, and fully understand that there is nothing I can do to the car that will make me competitive locally or at Nats. But I do want a car setup so that as I become better it has the potential for me to be as competitive as my ability permits. Putting logic aside some of the mods...
  5. A

Swapping a Wavetrac LSD into a VAQ Equipped car

Wow that's what I get for reading without thinking. Usually I save that for how I drive during autocross (mostly kidding). I'm sure my wife would be up for a trip to Branson, but yeah I totally read what I wanted to see instead of what you wrote. None the less I'll be curious to get the...
  6. A

Thanks. It is less distance to Saint Jo than Kansas City from Omaha. I filled out their "contact us" form. Thanks for the recommendation!
  7. A

Second quote is pretty close to the first one. This was from shop in another city. $3,800-$3,900 seems to be a reasonable cost to purchase and install a Wavetrac.
  8. A

I think it is an honest quote from a very good shop thatI trust. It isn’t cheap so it comes down to deciding whether the investment is something I want to do. I’ve been split on this and just getting a new GTI-S with the VAQ differential. But I like that my S without PP brakes weighs in under...
  9. A

No doubt. I watched Wavetrac DSG install on YouTube and it was pretty involved.
  10. A

Scratches on Wheels from Tire Removal?

I had Costco out tires on my Alltrack with stock wheels and they scratched them as they did yours. Lesson learned on my part. Never again Costco.
  11. A

Yes. $1,854 in parts, $1,920 in labor for the Wavetrac install. $3,900 total with tax. This a pretty big investment for a single mod that isn't a new engine.
  12. A

I may need to shop around then because I was quoted $3,800 for a Wavetrac on my 2018-S DSG. Wondering if anyone might have recommendations for a reseller/installer in the Omaha - Kansas City area. I live in Omaha but KC isn’t a bad drive and would be worthwhile for good install by a shop...
  13. A

I'll probably be making some trips back and forth to Lincoln this winter. Can't keep the GTI as a garage queen forever! :) So how funky would that huge front sway bar be if alignment is set back to stock?
  14. A

Same here. After seeing what @xXDavidCXx has done in STH using the larger FSB, I’m all ears and willing to experiment in GS. I realized now that throwing the biggest rear sway bar I could find at what I perceived as the problem wasn’t the answer. I did that before I even got decent tires, an...