GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by amritdesai

1. amritdesai

Can’t get Dogbone Bolt Back in

Excellent thread. Super helpful!
  2. amritdesai

Did my Wavetrac install delete my DSG tune?

I had a Wavetrac LSD installed earlier this year on my DSG 2017 Mk7 and while the handling and performance is incredible, the DSG seems to have reverted back to its stock shift points. Before, with my APR DSG tune, driving in D was tolerable and I rarely had to put it in sport mode. Now, even...
  3. amritdesai

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

The OSRAM are 10x quality of the ED's I purchased a while back. They are also twice as expensive though. I have not heard of quality issues with the OSRAM's on this forum. I absolutely love them and they were well worth the wait/cost.
  4. amritdesai

Ohlins VWSMT21 - Pix Enclosed

Thanks guys!
  5. amritdesai

Ohlins VWSMT21 - Pix Enclosed

Anyone know a good place to order Ohlin’s these days?
  6. amritdesai

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

Sure - I am saying they make a headlight for the LP version of the MK7.
  7. amritdesai

How do you protect your MK7?

I’ve not yet tested it - I’ll try today. I’ve read some of the US models it has been factory deactivated whereas the Canadian ones have not. Search the forums. There are many discussions about it.
  8. amritdesai

From another member below. Worked great on my 2017 GTI S!
  9. amritdesai

Well at least I learned how to activate the (factory disabled) alarm with the OBD11. Pretty sweet!
  10. amritdesai

Braille Battery GU1R 12v Lithium Ion Retrofit

The batteries are said to last 10 years plus the other added benefits summarized in this great thread. https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/hyde16-reviews-braille-gu1r-green-lite-lithium-battery-combo.269208/ "As per Gary Savage at Braille, lithium batteries are electrically...
  11. amritdesai

Anyone around Clovis, NM?

Albuquerque too
  12. amritdesai

Quick update: The G30 battery is rated at 15Ah but I'm not sure if using the Lead-Acid Equivalent parameter makes more sense for the battery adaptation? New settings below - I changed to 45Ah (Lithium Amp Hour/Lead - Acid Equivalent). 45Ah Bra 1111111110 Lithium ions
  13. amritdesai

Coding as detailed in the previous post worked excellent with the OBD11. 13Ah Bra 1111111111 Lithium ions I had to play with the orientation of the battery/terminals. I ended up having to mount the cage on its side, directly to the battery tray with the supplied self tapping screws. No big...