GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Amaster85

1. A

Branch Fell on my Car Last Night

This was what I thought too (would not effect the rate) but if I can get it fixed for around $500 or a little less then it wouldn’t matter for this incident anyways. I have no intentions on filing a claim for this. I believe you got this right, I mentioned homeowners insurance and my dad said...
  2. A

I appreciate all the advice about insurance however it is a tricky situations because I still live with my parents and the car is under their insurance policy due to cost being twice as much if I were on my own. So just to give an update I ordered AliExpress mirrors from a seller I purchased...
  3. A

It’s a very new to me car so I still have comprehensive coverage on it. 15 tdi bought just over a year ago with 17k miles awesome! I found that pdf earlier I am now debating just spending the extra money and getting the shopDAP or ECS branded one in case there are any issues. It appears I’ll...
  4. A

😂 yeah wind blew that off, my brother used to work at a mechanics and they had lots of used tires someone from the family took them and made a snowman, painted them white and it was a decoration, the wind blew that over but not off my car.
  5. A

These are the exact ones you bought? How is the figment, are they obviously Chinese? Is the fit on the car any different or larger gaps compared to factory? Is there any coding necessary. I am leaning towards going this route so I can get puddle lights and the folding.
  6. A

My deductible is $1000 I believe so I might just change the mirror myself and then get paint less dent repair on the fender it’s Avery tiny ding, door is fine just the mirror trim is destroyed. have to call my insurance tomorrow and see what they say
  7. A

It was extremely windy last night, today I go out to my car and there was a large branch that fell from the tree and landed on my mirror and dented my fender. got some tape on it now but the mirror is absolutely destroyed, the housing is the actual mirror is totally fine but the plastic is...
  8. A

WTB: OEM splash guards for Mk7.5

I had bought these from DAP and returned them after I saw how much they run on the paint. They look very bulky and bad too IMO. I went with rokblokz and they don’t touch the paint and look great and some might not even notice them, help a lot with kicking stuff up on the paint.
  9. A

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Be careful which USB port and cables you buy from AliExpress. I purchased one back in April? And I was having trouble with CarPlay not working and was blaming everything else besides the USB port and the cables from that kit. After multiple phones and multiple charge cables I ordered a cable...
  10. A

BEC Autoparts - 2018+ Golf\GTI HID\LED Replica Headlights for Sale!

i actually went to my uncles garage and did it, I lowered them once I figured Out I had to use a5mm and I did a pretty good job. I didwhat it said but I couldn’t get 25’ I could only get 17 so I followed what the guide said from BEC website and it looks pretty good and I made them the same...
  11. A

I had not, I have to find level ground and a building to do this at. My driveway is an in-line and just about everything else around me. I will probably have to do it on a wall at the grocery store. I just couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to adjust that weird knob with the Phillips...
  12. A

So I got the headlights and installed them and it was easy after looking at YouTube and the instructions. The beams looked decently aligned and it was cold so I had given up for the night, but ever since people have been flashing me because my headlights aren’t aimed properly. I attempted to...
  13. A

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

awesome looks much better especially if max ac works, did you purchase the AliExpress kit or did you source the sensors and the harness elsewhere? If so where did you find them? I checked kufatec hoping they would have it but they did not.
  14. A

What’s the part number? If you happen to still have it
  15. A

Does this work on the TDI ? I know I have the electric heater to make up for the longer engine warmup times. Curious if this would work and kick that on still