GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aloha_from_bradley's latest activity

• aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley reacted to Hyperlite's post in the thread GTI to Golf R? with Like Like.
    Thanks to all for the feedback! I think I’m convinced the R is the way to go. I’m going to start test driving soon and look for a good...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley reacted to Pete_CFB's post in the thread GTI to Golf R? with Like Like.
    My pocket change... I went from a 2019 Rabbit Manual to a 2018 R DSG. My main motivation was getting a DSG since the manual clutch...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley replied to the thread GTI to Golf R?.
    I honestly haven't found any of that to be a problem. My DSG definitely doesn't take a few seconds to downshift... maybe A second. Gear...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    You don't HAVE to tune anything. It's perfectly fine from the factory. I'm a manual purest, but the DSG is just that good. I bought...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    You will miss the 3rd pedal sometimes... only until you rip through a few gears in the DSG. It... is... that... good... This is my...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley reacted to vbrad26's post in the thread GTI to Golf R? with Like Like.
    I'm in a similar boat. Have a 2015 S that I will have had for 6 years this May. The car has been rock solid, but I'm ready for...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley replied to the thread Mk8 R.
    Hydraulic based system are always going to feel better. Clutch, steering, etc. They just provide better feedback. Just like you...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley reacted to RudyH's post in the thread Mk8 R with Like Like.
    My point is, when manufactures moved from hydraulic to 'fly by wire' a lot of them put no effort into making a 'better user experience'...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley replied to the thread Mk8 R.
    This is the reality of EV. I said it earlier in this thread. Every person I've ever talked to in the enthusiast community has said the...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley reacted to RudyH's post in the thread Mk8 R with Like Like.
    The thing is, I doubt Tesla will ever make a 'drivers car'. They are looking at automation of the fleet as their priority vs enjoyment...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    After selling my E46 M3 for more than I paid, which included adding mileage and racing it, it allowed me to pay cash for my R and then...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    OP, been there done that - looks like you have an itch to scratch with the R! Don't go kidding yourself it's a decision for the head...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley replied to the thread Coolant Leak?.
    I'm glad that you were able to get some useful information from this thread. I wouldn't worry too much, as the coolant issue seems to...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    aloha_from_bradley reacted to jms066's post in the thread Coolant Leak? with Like Like.
    Pile on -- 2019 GTI with 17K miles. I've always thought I could smell a whiff of coolant, even when this car was new -- I've driven...
  • aloha_from_bradley
    What is a fair price for a used R? Am I off base with my offer? I'm in the Phoenix area. When late model Rs do come up for sale (20k or...
    • R Private.PNG
    • R Trade In.PNG