GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Alex MK7

1. Alex MK7

Blew 4th gear on my trans, 6spd manual DKM clutch

Update** I found someone selling a 6spd trans with the eLSD box with 38k on it. His trans code is QUJ, mine is THV. I assume since both transmissions are performance pack, should bolt right up with no issues? Thanks for all the insight/help everyone chimed in
  2. Alex MK7

If I got a Wavetrack or Pelequin LSD, would any tuning have to be done since the car thinks it has the Borg Warner eLSD? I definitely want to make any improvements I can while everything is apart.
  3. Alex MK7

I found a THV trans from a 2018 GTI with 36k on it for $1400 shipped. Would be a direct swap in. I will post pictures of the damage once I can get my car to the shop
  4. Alex MK7

Is it possible to use a mk6 6spd trans? I would like to make any upgrades possible when doing this rebuild
  5. Alex MK7

So my trans code is THV. Car is equipped with the eLSD. Can I use another manual trans from MK7’s, or would I need another exact THV model? Thanks for everyone with the input
  6. Alex MK7

I definitely won’t anymore either, NLS combined with the DKM single mass flywheel and the vibrations killed the trans.
  7. Alex MK7

I know🤣 left foot dsg out here ...until that trans goes out lmao
  8. Alex MK7

Yeah I was hesitant at first since I didn’t want to hit a “money shift” by mistake, but once I tried it, I was using it every race lmao
  9. Alex MK7

Couldn’t agree more, lesson learned with this. Sometimes my stubbornness is the only way to learn
  10. Alex MK7

My clutch has been performing fine with no hiccups whatsoever. I’m assuming all the no lift shifting was too much for the trans to handle. Sucks it happened as I’m right in the middle of pro tuning the car and sending data logs lol.
  11. Alex MK7

Yup, lots of hard driving and boost. I enjoy my car, pay to play seems to never fail lol
  12. Alex MK7

I will take a look at the coding, most used trans I’ve seen are around $1400 coming from GTIs
  13. Alex MK7

What’s up guys, so I sheared my 4th gear yesterday doing some pulls. The car has a dkm twin disc clutch, in for around 15k miles. Lots of hard driving and WOT, also no lift shifts as of late lol. The car will go into 4th, but it just grinds like crazy and it won’t accelerate. Same goes for 6th...