GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Alex MK7

1. Alex MK7

Intermittent EPC light

Installed the EQT grounding kit and the issue happened again. It’s pretty random with the EPC light, sometimes it’ll happen when just cruising in low rpm’s (D6) or even at idle. I’ll take a look at the #1 connector to verify it’s clicked in.
  2. Alex MK7

Intermittent EPC light

Good morning all, I’ve been happily running an EQT Stage 2 E30 tune for about 15k miles now, car pulls strong. Recently I’ve noticed that during regular cruising in D mode, I receive an EPC light and the car loses all its power. I shut it off and turn it back on quickly and the light is gone...
  3. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

Still waiting on the file, I know EQT gets swamped with orders
  4. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

Awesome looking forward to it!
  5. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

ordered the EQT DSG unlock+DSG stage tune for $500, just waiting for the file to come in. I believe this is correct..Get the trans temp up to normal operating temp>Flash the DSG map> go through each of the DSG relearn steps on the Cobb AP from top to bottom while the car is in P> Regular driving...
  6. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

Excellent, I’m looking forward to it. The gear indicator in the dash is a nice touch as well. Being MT biased with previous cars (E36, S2K, GTI), the DSG is truly the best of both worlds. The car can be cool and relaxed just having it in D, then when you feel like hitting boost shifting with the...
  7. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

Oh it’s short shifting alright, around 40mph it’s in 6th gear (watching the Cobb AP), if I give it slight throttle it’ll stay in 6 gear and almost seem like iits lugging around if requesting more throttle. If I want it to accelerate from 40 I really have to press the pedal down deep to get it to...
  8. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

Understood. I suppose the FFS enabled isn’t affecting anything on the DSG car? Car seems to be very fuel efficient in D at the moment, S it shifts right at 3k. As soon as EQT give me the green light I’ll purchase the DSG tune. shall I prepare for a night and day difference with the DSG tune?😂
  9. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

I emailed EQT about it to see what they say. I loaded the map on the car jjst to see if it would work, map is on the car with no CELs. When driving in D mode, the trans goes into 6th gear at like 36 mph lol. Using the paddles to go through the gears it feels pretty good. It’s almost as if you...
  10. Alex MK7

ECU and TCU DSG Question

Hello everyone, long time since I posted on here hope all is well! To get straight to business, my 18’ GTI 6MT was totaled. I wanted to surprise my dad and flash his 17’ GTI DSG with my old EQT Stage 2 93 Map. My question is with that map having Flat foot shifting (FFS) enabled, would it affect...
  11. Alex MK7

My Deathtrap GTI build

lmao. Dang did your tuner say they could tune out the CELS for you? I don’t have my emissions until next October. Is performance affected with your CELs on currently? Or does it run like an bee?😂
  12. Alex MK7

My Deathtrap GTI build

@etmanning1 Awesome build brother👍🏼 My combi valve just went bad so I ordered the PR SAI block off plate. What we’re all the codes you got after removing the SAI pump, Combi valve and the sensor? Also have you been able to pass an emissios test afterwards?
  13. Alex MK7

Blew 4th gear on my trans, 6spd manual DKM clutch

Update** I found someone selling a 6spd trans with the eLSD box with 38k on it. His trans code is QUJ, mine is THV. I assume since both transmissions are performance pack, should bolt right up with no issues? Thanks for all the insight/help everyone chimed in
  14. Alex MK7

If I got a Wavetrack or Pelequin LSD, would any tuning have to be done since the car thinks it has the Borg Warner eLSD? I definitely want to make any improvements I can while everything is apart.
  15. Alex MK7

I found a THV trans from a 2018 GTI with 36k on it for $1400 shipped. Would be a direct swap in. I will post pictures of the damage once I can get my car to the shop