GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Albee

1. Albee

Tell us what problems you had with your MK7

78,000 miles, 2017 bought new. Just maintenance, brakes around 45,000. Still the original battery, waterpump, and clutch. APR stage 1 low torque since about 50,000.
  2. Albee

What did everyone go to school for?

Automated manufacturing systems, technical college. Started at 40 took 4 years while working full time. I wish I had gone back to school earlier.
  3. Albee

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cut off one 7 because I was struggling to hold 77 mph. I had to turn the cruise control off to see the odometer. Wife was steering while taking picture.
  4. Albee

security camera picture, 2017 with 75,000 miles. I still look back at it.
  5. Albee

Poll: What year of MK 7–7.5 is your favorite, and why?

I bought my 17 SE in November of 17 knowing the 18 had double the warranty. They were offering $6500 off the 17. I'm biased but I think the 16-17 were the sweet spot, mib2, underseat drawer, cooled glove box, lined Cubby's. I'm sure I'd love the 18+ too but in 70,000 I've only done fluid...
  6. Albee

More tire noise, it was noticably louder with the back seats folded down so I figured I'd start with the hatch.
  7. Albee

Trying to reduce some road noise.
  8. Albee

I have the Curt hitch so just have to lower the exhaust.
  9. Albee

After six Wisconsin winters my trailer hitch was getting pretty rusty so I took it off to grind it down and paint it. I'm impressed with how clean the underside is otherwise. Also switched back to my summer wheels and cleaned the tailpipes.
  10. Albee

What oil do you run?

Another vote for Liqui moly Leichtauf 5w-40. I've done 5,000 mile interval since new. Twice in 70,000 miles I didn't have time to order the kit and used Castrol bought locally, both times I had to add a quart before 5,000 miles. I've not added oil using Liqui Moly, I use the left over from the...
  11. Albee

Ugh, waiting months on a replacement headlight

Had the same issue, I hit a deer in July. My body shop found a used one and I got the car fixed in early March.
  12. Albee

As of 2023, what are the go-to brake pads for spirited street driving?

I have the Centric PosiQuiet pads with the smooth centric rotors. I'm pleased with them, almost no dust. I would say they have a little less initial bite than stock.
  13. Albee

WTB: MK7 lighting package headlights

Best of luck, I hit a deer in July and waited months for a new one. I finally settled on a used one for the price of new.
  14. Albee

Your Mk7 year/mileage

2017 GTI SE, bought November 17. 68,000 miles only maintenance no issues. Clutch did slip for the first time yesterday, APR low tourqe stage 1.
  15. Albee

2017 GTI Sport by original owner

718? I've been hoping for values to settle down. I'd like the s but a 2.0 liter base with a tune is more realistic.