GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AlainG81

1. AlainG81

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

2017 Golf SportWagen and the current set-up is IS20 with Unitronics Stage 2 IS20 tune. I am due to change the spark plugs soon. I hear going with a RS7 plug is worth it… Also thinking of upgrading the coils. What do you all think is the best to go with? Cheers
  2. AlainG81

AWE TUNING TOURING EXHAUST

Ordered a AWE Tuning Touring exhaust for my MK7 SportWagen. I have some some Unitronics goodies, stage 2 IS20 tune, 3 inch downpipe. Question I have is… Does anyone have a similar setup? Videos on YouTube are sparse and not the greatest. Hopefully made the right decision. Cheers
  3. AlainG81

MQ350 swap from a MQ250

Appreciate it!
  4. AlainG81

Giovanni Maggio’s 6 Speed Swap (From Mk7 Golf Tsi FB Group)

I will be! In the mix of sourcing all the parts. Blown third gear twice and now second. I knew the MQ250 was weak but didn’t realize this weak! Appreciate the information!
  5. AlainG81

MQ350 swap from a MQ250

Not sure if I am super unlucky or too hard on the car. Set up is a 17 SportWagen FWD with the MQ250 5 speed. I upgraded the clutch to Southbend Stage 2 Daily and running a IS20 with Unitronics Stage 2 plus IS20 tune. The factory transmission went at 86k with 10k of it running the current...
  6. AlainG81

5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION FOR MK7 GSW

Hey all, I posted not to long ago as I blew up my transmission, third gear more specifically. I replaced it with a used one with 70k on it and a month later and roughly 1,200 kilometres later it went again. All I am running is an IS20 with a Stage 2 tune and a 3 inch downpipe. Do they make a...
  7. AlainG81

COOLANT SMELL

What I meant is if needed to be topped off at the service intervals it would have been. Wasn’t the one working on the car. When I smell the coolant and look, the level is always the same and no leaks or residue anywhere.
  8. AlainG81

COOLANT SMELL

Nope! This has been ongoing for almost a year. Last time coolant was topped of was late October. Coolant level is always constant and no leaks seen anywhere. Thermostat housing was replaced under warranty around 60,000kms.
  9. AlainG81

COOLANT SMELL

Hey all, I have a 2017 SportWagen that I upgraded to and IS20 and I am running Unitronics Stage 2 to support the IS20. I find that every once in a while I have a bit of steam coming from the front engine bay area and I more often than not smell coolant from the car at idle and even more so...
  10. AlainG81

CAT-BACK EXHAUST

Yeah I am running IS20 with Stage 2 Unitronics. On Unitronics website they have the GTI exhaust listed at 3 inches. To your point... Not sure if the length will work being that the GSW is longer. Thanks
  11. AlainG81

CAT-BACK EXHAUST

Has anyone installed a 3 inch dual exhaust meant for a mk7 GTI onto a mk7 SportWagen? It’s a 2017 fwd version. I currently have a 3 inch catted downpipe from Unitronics. Thanks
  12. AlainG81

CAT BACK EXHAUST

Has anyone mated the mk7 GTi exhaust on a mk7 SportWagen? I already have their 3 inch catted downpipe. Yes I know I’ll have to change the rear valence. If anyone has pictures that would be nice. Thanks
  13. AlainG81

Giovanni Maggio’s 6 Speed Swap (From Mk7 Golf Tsi FB Group)

You definitely have my attention as I blew my third gear on my way into work the other day. Best guess is I broke off some of the teeth as I hear crackling sounds coming from the casing. I found a 6 speed RQB, mine is a 5 speed RTX. Not sure if they’ll pair up. If it’s out of a GTI being...
  14. AlainG81

Max HP Output Mk7 1.8 On stock internals

Also forgot to mention that I am running an IS20, all supporting mods and Stage 2 IS20 from Unitronics. Probably didn’t help.