GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ajmanmk7

1. A

WTB: GTI side skirt rocker panel trim

I’ve got the 2 rocker trim pieces. Besides needing a good scrubbing (and 2 tiny nicks) they’re in perfect shape. I don’t know if you have a 2 or 4 door, but these are off a 2 door and are 74 3/4” long. Maybe the 2 door and 4 door are the same? You can have them if you want them, just pay...
  2. A

WTB: GTI side skirt rocker panel trim

Actually, I’m removing mine in the morning! I’ll let you know how it goes...
  3. A

Loss of Crankshaft Synchronization

I got the that code (or something similar) on my Mk5 years ago and it went into limp mode. Replaced a (cheap) sensor under the car and that fixed it.
  4. A

Newbie Question About Replies...

Say I post something and get 5 useful replies. I want to thank all 5 people that replied. Can I just post a thank you to 1 member and all 5 will see it, or do I have to reply to each of the 5 people? Couldn’t find a Preference setting where you could choose. thanks...!
  5. A

What car magazines do you read?

Mostly interested in mods to my Mk7. Not necessarily track/racing, but current trends in styling, mods, tires/wheels, accessories and other mods....
  6. A

What’s the “2x4 method” and do I need it?

Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Too late to start today, I’ll do it tomorrow... thanks to impulsive, handguns, GTIfan, Navi and crxgator.....!
  7. A

OK, I'm sold. But what *IS* the 2x4 Method? How do you make it? Where do you put it? How do you use it? I can't find a video/post anywhere that describes that kind of stuff! thanx....!
  8. A

I’m getting ready to install B14 coilovers in my Mk7 and in checking out posts on it, I keep hearing about the “2x4 method”. What is that? It sounds like it’s a way to get the shock all the way out of the wheel bearing housing, but how do you set it up? I do have that spreader tool that I used...
  9. A

Universal Rally Armor Mudflaps

I just got some stock VW mud flaps/splash guards for my 2016 Mk7. Not installed yet but I like them more than any others I’ve seen. About $80.
  10. A

Need some wheel bolt help!

Maybe Gorilla? http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small-diameter-lug-nuts
  11. A

Need some wheel bolt help!

Maybe Gorilla? http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small-diameter-lug-nuts
  12. A

Coil over opinions/help

I was in the same place as you and went with the B14s. Can’t report on them yet ‘cause they’re still laying on my living room floor! They look nice, though...!
  13. A

1016 Mk 7 Stock Head U Amp Location

MK.0007 (always post b4 drinking....)
  14. A

Thanks George. It’s non-Fender and will take me a while to wade thru all this...!
  15. A

Thanks for all the info, including where to go thru the firewall, which I was wondering about. I have the non-Fender unit. I’m doing suspension right now but sound system is next on the list.