GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AJ15

1. A

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I've had 2 of mine repaired. $100 each. Can't tell what wheel was curbed. Nothing difficult about it.
  2. A

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

My 2017 GTI Sport 6MT Purchased new 4/2017: $23,400 (MSRP $29,000) Sold to Carvana 9/2021: $21,000 - 41,000 miles. Carvana sold it 10/2021: $25,990
  3. A

Wheel Repair near Frederick

I've used https://www.rimrenew.com/ for numerous wheels.
  4. A

Dealership Performed Work Without Divulging What They Did

Haha, semantics... But to clear things up, the original post was not a "complaint". It was a soliciting of opinions to what I couldn't understand and didn't fully think through the implications of. Now that I've heard from several folks, both here and another place I posed the same questions...
  5. A

That's kind of an unfair oversimplification. I asked them to diagnosis my car. With the diagnosis provided, I chose to make the decision to allow them to perform THAT repair/replacement. The dealership diagnosed my vehicle and provided me a quote for the specified replacement of a balljoint. I...
  6. A

I would definitely not go with a hot and heavy approach. This thread was written as it was for documentation to got a whole picture of the situation. I hope it hasn't come across as, "let's get em". I've literally tried to solicit opinions as to why this went the way it did and what, if any...
  7. A

And I have no paper trail of parts replaced on my car that weren't needed. If, unfortunately, something goes wrong, there isn't a paper trail of what was replaced/done to my car in order for the 12mo/12k mile warranty period. The invoice has every nut and bolt replaced for the ball joint...
  8. A

Power Train Warranty (5yr/60k) would be the likely coverage. I've had many things covered under expired warranties or when they said I needed to pay. Talk to the right people, say the right things, catch someone on a good day. Never a guarantee, but it happens all the time. I'd never accept not...
  9. A

I'm trying to determine the issue, haha. It didn't need a ball joint, strut mount, or strut bearing. The fix was a wheel bearing which has the possibility of being covered under Powertrain Warranty. The cost to repair/replace a ball joint assembly. Agreed. And I have that for everything they...
  10. A

TL:DR -- Dealership Service Department did more work on my car trying to fix an issue and didn't tell me what they did. I found out by watching my dashcam. Why? What should I be concerned with? ---- I took my GTI Sport 6MT into a Volkswagen dealership service center for routine service a few...
  11. A

Dealership's Oil Change Guy Stalled my GTI 6 Times (Dashcam)

As a car guy (and someone who takes good care of their things), this was a disheartening thing to witness while reviewing the video from my dashcam after a routine oil change at the Volkswagen dealership. Here's the dashcam of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=766nZy5nLrE Aside from the 6...
  12. A

Do you let your wife drive your VW\Audi?

I'm with OP. Wife has no interest in maintaining a clean car. If I want her car clean, I have to do it (which I do -- but not nearly the frequency of my car). My wife doesn't know how to drive manual.. but even if she did, she sort of has the attitude, "Oh, I drove your lip into the curb while...
  13. A

Front Passenger's Door Can't Be Opened From Outside Handle (Faults)

I believe it was yesterday that I noticed that I couldn't open the passenger's front door (from outside, via the handle). From inside works. I thought it was a fluke and just reached around from the rear door... and forgot about it. But then today, the same thing happened and I explored some...
  14. A

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Do you have the floor lowered to the lowest setting? There's 2 heights you can put it at -- ~2" difference? FWIW: (Not sure if you're talking about the Mazda 3 sedan or hatchback but...) The GTI supposedly has slightly MORE cargo volume than the Mazda 3 Hatchback: 22.8 vs. 20.2. However, the...
  15. A

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Are the fender badges just adhesive like the rear? Just as easy to take off?