GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Adurm

1. Adurm

Need help installing factory amp

It's a fiber optic cable. You could find an adapter of sorts but you will not solder or butt connect it.
  2. Adurm

Building a High Fidelity Sound System Build (Attempt)

Unfortunately i don't have a build. I have stuff left over from other cars that are waiting to be installed. I'm in an sq5 at the moment but having some mechanical issues and debating if i should spend the 4k to fix or trade for a gli. I'm sitting on some hertz hv165 mids, focal ps165? Mids. Cdt...
  3. Adurm

Those pods are fantastic. I didn't realize dayton made a 2 inch wide band. I got some cdt unity widebands that i was going to fab into the little triangle but it never came about. Dayton makes good stuff. I have a couple of their subs for home audio and they move some air.
  4. Adurm

Either of you maniacs can update your build here. Some of us are living vicariously through you both.
  5. Adurm

New 2018 GTI SE Owner - Need Help Fixing the Previous Owner's Speaker "Upgrade"

That hertz should read 3.3 ohms or so and not fluctuate. It could just be the fender amp expecting a different ohm load on those speakers and clipping the signal. There should be a crossover somewhere in the mix. If the speaker is ok, you're going to have to decide to get replacement fender...
  6. Adurm

One-Stop Golf Speaker Upgrade Solution by Soumatrix

Plus the soumatrix website is showing the mk7 gti upgrade as a 5.5 inch coax speaker. If the stock tweeters are still wired up, it's going to be awfully bright. At least for my taste.
  7. Adurm

I measured 31 bands off the back of the mib2 unit with a cheap dmm at each detent of volume. I couldn't measure the highest frequencies accurately due to exceeding the Nyquist (sampling rate) limit of the device. Roughly 800 points of data showing the mib puts out a little over 9v. Using an...
  8. Adurm

Nothing against your product, I'm sure it's of good quality, one problem lies in the limitations of the oem head unit. While it doesn't clip, it's volume isn't linear through the frequencies and i doubt it can produce 22khz regardless the speakers supplied. Even with factory speakers, there are...
  9. Adurm

Made me think of a big 3 upgrade. Have any positive thoughts on upgrading the cars ground points?
  10. Adurm

You'll be fine with bigger air space in sealed enclosure. Ported would be an issue.
  11. Adurm

I'm going to need to see some carpeting or something on these boxes soon please. Asking in the nicest voice possible.
  12. Adurm

LED lights in BEC headlights (Ed's reps)

You got vcds? If so, might want to change light channels 9 and 10 to xenon and change dimmwert ab (i think, could be cd) to 127 opposed to 100. Pretty sure those are the correct channels. Been a while.
  13. Adurm

Not to derail the post, but tshrey, someone was selling an audison bit dmi on diyma last week for like 350. I think it would work for grabbing the most signal but outputs to toslink. Mobridge might be another solution. As far as i know the bt is in the glove box unit but that outputs to the...
  14. Adurm

You gotta be the first dude to ever attempt a w6 in that cubby. For sure by brace it up. Face to the back somehow. Even if you have to drill a hole and seal it with a rubber o ring. Half inch glass is strong but the w6 is formidable.