GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by aaronc7

1. aaronc7

Open source tuning solution

@sharksinspace went Open Sauce too, here's a quick video
  2. aaronc7

Simos Tools - New Phone Datalogging App

Mode 22 is "request diagnostic data by PID" -- a diagnostic service provided by the ECU. Mode 01 is generally what's called the "SAE generic" PIDs for basic stuff like rpm, coolant temp, etc. Mode 22 PIDs are manufacter/ECU specific, but can give you more of the data that you really want/need...
  3. aaronc7

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Un-American
  4. aaronc7

try now should be worldwide enabled. Might take a little time to show up.
  5. aaronc7

Hmm I'll have switch look into the region thing. In the meantime you can grab the latest apk from GitHub as an alternate option https://github.com/Switchleg1/SimosTools/blob/master/app/release/app-release.apk
  6. aaronc7

usa - APR OPEN PEX INTAKE SYSTEM - 1.8T/2.0T EA888 GEN 3 MQB - $250 shipped PayPal

usp has them in stock? https://www.uspmotorsports.com/APR-Open-PEX-Intake-System-For-VW-Audi-1.8T-2.0T-EA888-Gen-3-MQB-CI100041.html
  7. aaronc7

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

had mine on for about a week. I think the sound is nice. With stock airbox and the typical DIY mods you could sorta hear the turbo with windows down. Now you can definitely hear it (especially windows down) but its not obnoxious or anything. Like others said, if you want max noise, get an...
  8. aaronc7

What's the thought on Mabotech Hybrids

Finally, something we can all agree on
  9. aaronc7

How to choose the right ECU upgrade

It's a valid point, but the issue is that an OTS tune might run ya $150....vs $500+ to go custom. Sure, the custom would allow you to see full potential and/or tweak some things to your liking.....but for most, the price doesn't justify it. Different tuners have different nuances though, there...
  10. aaronc7

It flashes .bin files, it won't flash maestro or any aftermarket tool specific format/file
  11. aaronc7

Some bearded man got flashing working @joedubs
  12. aaronc7

yeah, the google play version does not get updated nearly as quickly. But still, there is a chance an update might break something small in the def files etc. Feel free to reach out if you have questions or need help. Or check in before updating app. Eventually it will calm down. I feel...